Salt & Spice Vol I

Started by SultryStele, May 15, 2023, 10:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SultryStele

The Lamp glimmered as soot slowly burned upon the wall behind it. The Sultan's Head they tried to call it but those in the know knew better. Two hooded figures made way into the sleepy coffee shop one late evening.

Falafel grease glimmers on her hand in the moonlight. She smears her outfit with it as hood withdrawn, revealing the pudgy cheeks and flopswet of Scribe Swola Zhodwa. She croaks out the words as her slightly mustached lip twitches.

TWO COFFEES PLEASE. AND ONE PECCARY FLANK. ITS SUCH A FAR WADDLE FROM THE PYRAMID.

Everyone of the crowd distracted by her outburst the smaller figure makes for the side door, removing a special key reserved for special occasion.

Lounging with a cup of coffee and a small pipe sat the famed scholar, Rashid al-Rashid, newly raised Legate of Ephia's Well.

"L...Legate Rashid? You sent the invitation?"

"Fornato... I've been waiting for you..."

"If we're seen together-"

"No one will suspect a thing. Our feud is legendary. Quiet now, let me run finger along your spine. Let me lift the cover. Let me while away the hours in candlelight losing myself in you."

"Y-Yes honorable Legate. There's nothing I enjoy more than curling up with a good book...Especially if it is an older one..."

The Ashfolk's toga poured onto the stone floor like wine from a spilt glass.

...the door closed behind him.

End of Chapter 1. A Sultry Stele Publication