Wordless PvP

Started by The Old Hack, March 19, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiffy Has

I am going to simply respond to the above post-

Calm down.

EFU's driving force is conflict, many times- it's over treasure, loot- ideology, and more. It's about history, faith, war- sides, and circumstances that neither side can control. It's about survival and the impending doom that we all commonly share as mortals in a setting where we can often feel helpless in the tide of overwhelming death.

The Cyric group has ~done nothing wrong~ and people should stop treating them like PvP trolls out to gut people. If  you FIGHT BACK- they will take stuff, it's fair- they are bandits. Whether they take to MUCH is something you need to address with the DM crew. If they KILL YOU- you probably deserved it. I have -never- seen, or heard, of an unwarranted killing. Calling Cyric WEAK and SHITTY to their faces is probably warranting FD as its tantamount to hanging a sign on your PC going "yea I wanna die." Guess what, they'll oblige.

I see a group of players who are currently ROCKING THE BOAT, and providing themselves as targets for HEROES to strike down, for players to organize themselves around and pursue in a meaningful manner- that makes the Shield outside Sanctuary actually DANGEROUS and a worrisome venture. Something the meek and mild do not pursue. How is this a bad thing? How is making the world we live in dangerous and edgy a poor decision on their part?

As always, there is room for improvement, you can help them by suggesting they take on certain practices or pursue different means toward their goal to strike fear into Sanctuary, but as it stands, I see a lot of people who are unnerved by their rocking the boat and seek in a knee jerk reaction to hate on them and bitch about them instead of trying to ~help~ them strike the careful balance of IC villain and OOC player courtesy. Perhaps instead of harsh criticism, you might offer a critique?

It's a double standard, yes- but as villains, they can defendd themselves by killing others. Come at them with the intent to kill, and you implicitly agree that you may be killed yourself.

Deal with it.

LordOfBones

Edit: Thank you spiffy that was well said.

Valo56

QuoteThe Cyric group has ~done nothing wrong~
I'd like to echo this, as one of those killed by that group. Perhaps the first killed by them.

Morick Renarus, my druid who hung out in the Lowerdark, caught them in the Crossroad caves and attacked. A few blunders in that PvP quickly saw me brought down. Later, after a drawn-out PvP session, I was given a choice between being robbed and potentially mutilated, joining them, or having a 50-50 shot at death. I chose the third option, and was told if I succeeded, they wouldn't even steal anything.

I entered PvP with them expecting that I may very well have to kill one or more of them if I won and their reasons for having undead out at the time not sufficient for my merciless druid.. instead I lost and died, but died in a very interesting way as their RP is legit. Not to mention, the death was fully earned.

So quit it with the hate for that group, and there's nothing wrong with having an OOC'ly organized group arrive through the portal. (Prelude groups, anyone?)

Howlando

I don't think anymore posts are likely to be constructive, I strongly suggest aggrieved players speak with each other personally or contact a DM with concerns.

Howlando