Make The Reliquary Quest Static

Started by TheShadow, August 23, 2022, 03:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShadow

As per the title, please make the reliquary quest a static quest. One of the primary complaints i have heard with clerics is the difficulty in finding any relic with their domains to use.

The Reliquary quest fulfills this design flaw, as it provides a relic of the clerics domains. It is hard to abuse as only a cleric can take the quest, alone, and only a single time.

The only ways to acquire relics that I am aware of, outside of a few edge cases where stores exist, is through DM love or grinding the Ghost Goblin quest.
This is a negative experience.

As it stands, the reliquary is located in an explorable ( to the best of my knowledge ) that rarely spawns as the server rarely exceeds 30 hours of up time.

Moving the quest to a static point would allow for clerics to have a relic of their domains, though not of guaranteed quality, and allow for more relics to enter the game world, creating more opportunity for these relics to be used. This would be a net positive.

I do not know why the quest was in an explorable in the first place, outside of the design philosophy of the module being dedicated to exploration. The system that was implemented for this philosophy (explorables) struggles to address irregularity in player activity and server uptime,  thus making relics dependent on DMs.

This change would improve the state of the game world and lessen the burden of the dms.

Thoughts? Thank you for your consideration.
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

Diabl0658

Its a once per PC quest, so why does it even need to spawn so rarely?

americanbernard

I am bumping this as a player of a cleric who has run Gloomy Goblin Camp five times and still not found a relic of either of my domains. It would be nice if that quest was at least weighted towards a domain of a cleric present in the party, but that sounds complicated and difficult and it'd just be easier to do what this post requests.