Tech problems, halp!?

Started by johanmaxon, August 02, 2012, 09:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johanmaxon

Hello guys.

I've got a problem, and I've got no idea how to solove it. It started today. I played yesterday and everything was just fine, I have done nothing new with my computer but it just doesn't work.

When I get into EFU I pick my character and press Play. Then though, it goes black with just the gloved mouse showing, or it starts loading but freezes at the end. It crashes down with the message 'Server response timed out. You have been disconnected'.

I don't know what to do :(:(:( So far tried to de-frag and remove my overrides (latest downloads I got, a few days ago) but nothing works.

Please help!

MistlockeFencerPro

NetherGonnaLetYouDown

Did you do the usual checks:

Run the program as administrator, xp compatible mode.
Check firewall/virus protection programs.

Did you update the machine between the last time you played and now? What changed?

Bonhomie

Tune your visual effects to a minimum, all extra's off. Can try that ..

johanmaxon

I am back online, glorious! It turned out, that as with most things, my brother was causing the problem! He sat at the same wifi as my stationary computer, and then I could not log into the server. He changed wifi, and now I am back on track!

Oskar Maxon

Observe the fact that I solved the issue. The fact that I may accidentally have been the cause of it is null and void.

Spiffy Has

Quote from: Oskar Maxon;298111Observe the fact that I solved the issue. The fact that I may accidentally have been the cause of it is null and void.

Oskar Maxom, the source of all our problems, and the solver of them.

Oskar Maxom is God.

Pup

I should hope you solved the issue with fisticuffs, as is customary for brothers.  I will be sadly disappointed in you both if not...
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Oskar Maxon

Quote from: Spiffy Has;298114Oskar Maxom, the source of all our problems, and the solver of them.

Oskar Maxom is God.

Need me to fix your keyboard?

Daemonic Daz

johanmaxon

Don't encourage him.

Testy McTryoutshirt