The Passing of Former DM PureeOfPelican

Started by Howlando, July 17, 2019, 09:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

All -

I'm very sorry to pass on the news that a greatly appreciated former DM and member of our community who went by the name of "PureeOfPelican" (Derek) has passed away recently.

PureeOfPelican (POP) was most active during the EFU:A period of EFU and into EFU:M. He was a big help to us as both a voice of experience, wisdom and also technical knowledge for server admin issues. He pitched in far more than his fair share to pay for server expenses so everyone could enjoy this hobby.  He played some great characters but more than anything else will be remembered by many of us as a cheerful, friendly, and charismatic guy.

Although he hadn't been active in EFU for some time now, I know many of you you will remember him and share in my sorrow to learn of his recent illness.

He will be greatly missed.

There is a condolences board here: here

He will be memorialized as best we can in  the game world of EFU.

Cruzel

VanillaPudding

Sorry to hear the news. He was always a great and friendly person in the community.

SovietGrowlithe

Though I do not know of him. It is sad to see anyone's passing and I do wish for strength to his family and friends in the tough times that follow.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Knight Of Pentacles

PoP was a kind fella who was always down to talk.  He was a neat guy who saw a lot of cool things and had tons of stories.  He was a well of knowledge about the places he visited and right before news broke I had wanted to ask him about his experiences in DC.  I regret not keeping in touch with him more after he vanished from the community.  Rest easy man :(

SN

Oh no..  A bright spark fades..
Take care, PoP..

Pup

Damn.  Just saw this thread.

Pup to PoP: Peace now, my friend.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals