Issue with the transitions on the lower dark lift up to the mound

Started by IxTheSpeedy, November 06, 2017, 04:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IxTheSpeedy

Character Name: Scathach Morh
Account Name: Scathach Morh

Yesterday while questing with a group we took the lift back up to the mound and my character was left behind visually, I never transitioned. I got the messages that we had gotten on the lift and that we arrived but I never transitioned onto the lift. I did however transition with the rest of the group when we arrived at the mound so it was just a visual transition bug.

I was basically one PC away from the dialog initiator statue thing. Meaning that there was someone standing in front of me so I was not right next to it.

Thanks!

zDark Shadowz

If the script fired you were close enough to the lift.

Most likely scenario is you moved, or you were using items/spells at the time and moved immediately after to clear the action queue (for which the ActionJumpTo would have been on the end.)

This is why in the dialogues it recommends for everyone to stay still, but there'll still be people that inadvertantly twitch out of habit to make their characters look more animated.

Since the rest of the script still fires normally you were flagged as a passenger (and this is set up to work between areas as well IE if you're below deck on a boat) so as long as you didn't inadvertantly cancel the next Jump script when the others got off, you'd rejoin them on the other side.

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone, as I have no source script to reference.