City Summoning Theme seems very weak

Started by Dillusionist, January 24, 2019, 01:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillusionist

Using the City summon theme to do some lowbie quests I have found the options for Tier 2 and Tier 3 to be extremely weak compared to tier 1, and more importantly very weak compared to other "generic" themes such as Insects, Snakes, or Spiders. Given that hit point pools are a lot higher now, too, and evocations less effective it could use a small boost.

Tier 1 - Perfect.

Tier 2 - has a very low hp pool, and because of its low strength it only inflcits 1 damage when sneak attacking. Even if it only does cost 10 points per creature, its simply not worth what you could otherwise do with a 2nd level slot.

Tier 3- It inflicts only 2-3 damage per hit, which is insignificant if an enemy has any kind of damage immunity.

Obviously the City theme shouldn't be "great" but it currently has almost no impact other than distracting an enemy for a round or two. I can appreciate some summoning themes having specialized use, but a generic theme should probably be able to dish out and take a moderate amount of damage.

Howlando

Themes will need balancing for sure, so thank you for that.

I adjusted these. Summon III still isn't very good but I jacked up its AC enough with the idea that its utility could be as a decent "tank"....