Purple Plumed Heron

Started by Random_White_Guy, February 09, 2024, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

A Purple Plumed Heron

It is most telling, and indeed, most humbling, to recognize that in the wake of such a tumultuous time of Ephian Politics - it is to the Ulema that each league has turned. Khalid who holds firm to the protecting path of the Wanderer for all who come and go, Ariel who's fire burns so bright in the Protector, with hopes of coaxing the embers of others into roaring flame. And of mineself of whom the Mother's mercy and teachings flow so freely.

I have had the pleasure and privilege of getting to know both of these candidates in their visits to my Calls to Prayer at the Blessed Temple in the Souk and I am confident that whatever path is so chosen by the Voiced, the future shall be one of considerable improvement.

Over these next many days I will be seeking to speak with any and all of the Voiced - not merely the Accorded, but those who are eager to see a return to stability. When Assembly were carried forward as ceremonies of progress and improvement by the Learned Voice seeking to improve their home. For that is the burden of the privilege that comes with Citizenship. It is asked of you to do more, to be more, than others.

Those who rise to this call may play hand in the renaissance of Ephia. That those Voiced who are experts in their field may be called upon to act, enact, and involve themselves in Government at all forms. That those of the Accord may be given the tools and resources to carry out their missions to the fullest.

We have seen the Lily Pyramid.

Let us show the generous Sultan, and the Great Ash Desert at large, what the Purple Plumed Heron may achieve.

This evening at my first of many rallies and public calls, for questions and engagement of the Voiced and more, I shall be announcing my Cabinet and intentions moving forward.

//Every night at 9 PM CST until the Votes open, I intend to be hosting an event. More will be forthcoming on Discord
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

From sermons in the Temple with an increased Janissary Presence, to an unexpected Coffee Shop poetry recital by the Sisters with a tiny muffin delivery girl of Ashfolk descent, the Campaign of Gausim al-Marain offered an unexpectedly refined discourse.

Absent the jockeying of Dinar Sums for Votes. Absent the jockeying of incandescent arguments for Votes. Majority of the nights of the Campaign? Session were met with small, intimate events where men and women of various walks of life came together to speak, to talk, and to engage the Candidate with questions.

Prior even to the streak of Candidate Hysar's resignation, subsequent murder of her presumed Predecessor Archos, and her own inevitable demise there was never a sense of "Urgency" to the effort. His performance in the Gold vs Purple vs Alejandro debate could be described as reserved, absent a brief speech in rebuke of the White League's claim about Cleansing Sin as he brought his cup to tap the sign in the Plaza before the Crowd.

There were no speeches given at the events. Simply "What would you like to know?" There were no rash of signs, flyers, promises. Simply "What policy had you question of?"

The work was slow, it was methodical, to some it may have even been somewhat boring. Each event he would simply outlast crowd until the questions were no more. As one or two would begin to drift away to other parts of the city he would simply stay and engage with any who remained to the last.

...and the final Campaign Event?  Not a Campaign event at all.

A Surprise Formal Dinner Party.

Some in finery, some in Toga, some in Armor. Chilled Gazpacho spread out on small table with tomato base from a friend's lands in Baz'eel, A dozen bottles of Red Wine called "Bashir Burgundy" made of Vine from lands owned by al-Marain in Baz'eel.

And the star of the night? Not even the candidate, not even the Wine.

Over two dozen Baz'eelan Choux à la Crème.

Puff Pastry made with vanilla, mixed with the Mother's Waters, a chocolate sauce and salted caramel drizzled for good measure.

Hand made by the Candidate himself.

The delicious deserts devoured by Janissary aside Modini, Ashfolk aside Human, White Sagebrush aside Purple Freelancer, Gold Candidate Qari, Former White Primary-Candidate Faisal, Lady Nasreen Shabani and others. Watched on guard by former White-Magistrate Janissary Clearcreek. Simply enjoying one another's company. There was talk of politics but it was table chatter on ideas for the Refugees, finding new resources, but so too dialogue on art, music, culture, theology of the Dome of Man, and more.

The wide tapestry of Ephia's Well... sitting peacefully in the Purple League Offices sharing a decadent meal.

Not the howls of the Assembly, not the venom of the Bellows, not the violence of recent nights.

Drinking fine wine, breaking sweetened bread, sharing ideas and company.

For nearly two hours time...

Random_White_Guy

A morning Bellows, an hour shy of the announcement of Voting opening.

QuoteVico Rasca
As is tradition, Ephia, La Banda Rossa announces to the Well their chosen candidate. For his measured wisdom and solemn gravitas, we find Water-Priest Gausim most compelling. And so - he has our support, and our votes.

He will be the next legate.

What began as unexpected crack in the silence, within the hour, grew from a drip to a trickle.

The Balladeer's Endorsement
Tokori Koji
Speaks Balladeer Koji Tokori; Much has happened over the last few nights. Blood has been shed. Conspiracies to overthrow the Well, so on and so forth.. We now approach the annoited hour that we might see a new Legate take the seat; And I would see one endorsed -

It is a peculiar choice perhaps, but the Gold has seen it's most promising candidate slaughtered - The White, still has reparations and course correcting to do before it shows me it means as it says - This leaves only the Purple, and it's candidate; Gausim al-Marain.

He walks 'neath the Mother's Sable cloak, and has plans and wishes for the Well that make sense to me. Insure you make the correct choice, when the vote comes. Let us advert further bloodshed and crisis in our home. Let us see things right

Aurelio d'Lyon
Mother B'aara's holy servant has come to lend our blessed goddess' touch to our holy city and lead us towards a brighter future.

I shall be voting for Gausim of the Bless'd Clergy.
[close]

And then from Trickle, did Dam burst...

The Janissary Endorsement
Samton Ashworth
Soldier Ashworth speaking. I shall be brief. A Voice is no mere purchased good. To have a Voice is a privilege. And a duty. One that must be performed each day, fer the sake of Ephia's Well.

Everyday I train my boys, so that they may Serve the Well proper, under Sultan's Law. Every day we risk ourselves and give everything so that Ephia's Well may thrive.

And battle is done here, on the daily. With word, blade and vote.

Our vote is a powerful weapon, that may see us thrive forever more. And this election, we put all our trust in one individual, blessed by Tears.

The Fourth Legion proudly endorses Candidate Gausim Al-Marain.

We shall see Prosperity and Progress, together.
[close]

...And a flood of support spill over the Bellows.

The Astronomer Endorsement
Cosine Mevura
After a, hm, robust and contentious intellectual forum on the topic...

The Astronomers of Q'tolip choose to back the piety and honor of Gausim al-Marain, trusting him to steward us out of this time of chaos into an era of much needed stability

We endorse him wholeheartedly and look with glad anticipation to his ascension as Legate, trusting that our adoptive mother, B'aara, shall act through him to banish the long suffering of our people.
[close]

And within the first three minutes of Vote opening...

...The Accord unified.

Though came resolute detraction from Candidate Gold Qari at the failure to court other leagues, the White League's independents calling for Khalid, a call for free-thought from Janissary Clearcreek who voted against the Bloc, and a desert hermit's support of the Water Priest.

A mostly tepid showing from the Waterbearer in the public campaign, a rival's death, and a torrential downpour of Institutional support. The Janissary perhaps expected, the Q'tolipans growing on the Stele not wildly unheard of, but to hear unified cries of The Cinquefoil Rose calls for votes for the Sultan's League...

Is this why the campaign was so reserved? Still waters run deep.

Though days remain...

Random_White_Guy

And the second day of Voting is simply... quiet from the Purple Campaign aside from a request with the dwarven scholar Azaghal.

Gold and White continue their bellowing of policy and vote counts amidst jockeying, some of the scribes saying Qari is ahead by vote count, Khalid insisting otherwise.

Candidate Gausim can be seen spending much of his time in the Pyramid's foyer, simply talking to those who come and go, despite the claims that only 44 of 80 or more of the Voiced have cast their vote.

Nadiri Isaac, Nasreen Shabani, Bashir, both Prelate Khalid and Candidate Qari in between their bellows towards one another. Clarrisant the Torchbearer, Herald-for-Hire Hillard, and others.

Like a small stone cherubic fixture in the Pyramid of the Sublime Garden.

A genial ashfolk in his sable black and b'aara blue, simply welcoming questions and mingling with those who come and go. If the Electorate is lethargic or hopeless as some claim, he shows no sign of it bothering.

No sense of stress, no seeming care for the predictions, no rush to raise new Voiced. Just engaging with the peoples.

Random_White_Guy

The Dwarven Voting Coalition Endorsement
Azaghal Gemspell
The Dwarven Voting coalition will support Waterbearer Gausim al-Marain this election; a person of sound mind, soul, and principles.
[close]