Planar binding spells fix

Started by VanillaPudding, October 29, 2021, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

In their current form, you can only have one and if you use the same spell or summon something else they disappear. Considering the reduction in summon level and investment for these spells it is a bit lackluster.

I'd suggest that they be changed to merely act as they do but as a summon of the described level, using the summoning points and otherwise, but with the duration of binding over normal conjuration .

VanillaPudding

Sorry I was mistaken on this. It's by scroll or item only that it does this, and thus I assume the same for any item / scroll with conjurations. I suppose the broader suggestion would be to make them work "normally" via items / powers / scrolls just like animate dead minions can function with such.

Dredi

If you were to allow conjurations from items to function "Normally" (I.E take up part of your summoning pool and allow you to have multiple summons out from items) then they would cease to function for Anyone without a summoning pool, non casters.

Animate dead gets around this by having the basic zombie summoned from items go into the pool, but animating with a corpse always goes into the pool so that animate dead on items can still be used for non-necromancers to get a throw away minion and for proper necromancers to actually summon stuff.

Thats not really viable with summons however unless you coded in some sort of "When cast from item ON this other, specific item." condition to allow summoners to put summons from items into their summoning pools but I dont expect this is desirable, honestly.

Sem

Quote from: Dredi on October 30, 2021, 11:14:43 AM

Thats not really viable with summons however unless you coded in some sort of "When cast from item ON this other, specific item." condition to allow summoners to put summons from items into their summoning pools but I dont expect this is desirable, honestly.

Maybe we found a replacement use for Conjuration Powder