[On Il Modo]

Started by Ziya, May 03, 2024, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziya

Maribeh 3rd, IY 7788

https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=706410.msg761522#msg761522

Rumors spread of the latest diplomatic mission to Il Modo, and the huge quantity of well-water delivered to Il Modo for reconciliation and their attendance at Kardesler...

Quote100 Barrels Balstan

Ephians, friends, kith, and kin. Hear me, fer I shall speak of Il Modo.

Back in Kanon Hray IY 7787, the Legates of that day struck accord with Il Modo. The terms? Amongst others, two barrels of well-water a month, fer passage to Il Modo fer all interested Ephians, for a price of 200 dinars.

Aye, I have seen Il Modo. Its wonders, its architecture, its marvels. From the lovingly laid bricks and art of the Dome of Man, to the capacious halls of the Lamp of Learning, and more. It be worth the sight.

And that sight was denied yer, by folks who climbed the ladder, and pulled the ladder up behind them.

Amends were sought by Il Modo. Amends were nay made. Relations chilled. Now, we are at war, and we find ourselves needing allies. This day, we reap today the consequences of choices made by folks of those yesterdays ago.

Why? Because the Legates of that day struck that accord, and then reneged it. And Il Modo remembers. And passage to Il Modo, which could have been yers fer less price than a trip to Frostport, was denied yer.

So aye, a heavy price had to be defrayed yester-eve, fer Il Modo's aid and attendance at Kardesler. But it be worth it. If relations can be mended, its soldiers and its cannons would save the lives of Ephians in this war to come.

With yer aid and support, Ephians, my friends, I will see opened passage to Il Modo once more. With their aid, we will win this war.

Live and drink, Ephians! Kardesler awaits!