Pandora Efu:A

Started by tooh, February 16, 2009, 09:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooh

who open the pandora box at efua ?

We agree with custom content, balanced arcane and divine and then we will get what ?

The 1.69 update opens a pandora box for create high custom classes, races, spells, weapons and armors and everthing.

Changes must be slow and soft for remain.

Conan The Conqueror

I don't think any of the changes have been particularly earth shattering, and in fact have added a lot of flavor to the game. 1.69 has given an unprecedented amount of freedom with tweaking the module to the desired state and considering that there will be:
1. No further patches
2. No further expansions
3. No Haks for EFU

The use of scripting to add perks to existing classes is a very nice addition to the server. I think the DMs are doing a great job keeping things relatively balanced, and to be honest...if someone really wants to maximize the mechanical benefits of a class and/or race, they will do it anyways.

This game is approaching it's 7th year of existence...we can't get any slower on development >_>

Cruzel

These sweet new PRCs were always possible to add. 1.69 didn't spark this, imo.

There is not really any new customisable options for weapons, and the option to add new spells for PCs has already been shut down by the DMs. What ScottyB's post  in the suggestion forums is for feats that will change current spells, not make new ones.

I say the more changes like this, the better. it opens up way more options to make diverse characters, than Frontliner A or buffbot C.

ScottyB

I plan on running the guantlet of classes, eventually, to make sure everyone gets a bit more flexibility in how they get to play their character. These changes are not for "more" content like "more power", but rather they provide "different" content.

IxTheSpeedy

More flexibility sounds good to me.  Squeeze as much as we can out of this aging gaming engine....