Tone down assasin vines.

Started by eliff, September 14, 2009, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_Not_very_wise

The Wooded ruins is basically a Part of the bogs as far as people ought to be concerned.

Pup

They're only deadly if you're alone, really.  If you're in a group they're not that bad.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Letsplayforfun

Having two or three really nasty spawns out there is part of the flavor of Ymph. If you knew every trekk was a cruise, it'd be boring.

I've quit running around with lone invisible PCs, and it's made me appreciate the isle a lot more. What sucks is dying with no possible counters but it's not the case here.

Dhund

Assassin Vines? More like Awesome Vines.

Though, I do disagree on people being able to outrun them. My first day, my first PC followed Kethra into the bogs.

Suddenly, Vines! I was in the back, and after everyone else was dead, I fled. I had a good lead on them, but they followed through a transition. And gained quite a bit of ground becasue of it. Second transition I made towards town, the vines managed to catch up completely and then some. They transition instantly, PCs don't.
<@Mort> Dhund is on the money, imo

MrBrög

Invis usually helps. At least it used to, though if you're invis and walk up close they will attack you as most other mobs will.

TheWastesAreFrozen

I think this was already removed and if so I'd say to just leave them how they are. The island is dangerous and the Bogs are one of the most dangerous places, they even have an IC sign that says to keep out because of danger!

Nufferz

I'd say this is a case of just popping in the right potions at the right time. Literally the most common potions in efu can save you from those vines. A fort pot and endure elements will give you a damn good chance of making it out just fine if you are not alone. I would much rather hit a group of three vines than one shargas disciple lol.

Canzah

Sounds like the Underdark version of Malar beasts to me.

My point is we had a few things that were pretty dangerous when out of town before, and people also complained. I think these kind of spawns are necessary though.

If I'd suggest anything it's that they don't stealth. (They do, don't they?)

Cruzel

The only thing I don't like about them is (If I remember right, been a while!) You need to make a fort save every time they hit you. Every character except the most nagabuilt are going to fail these saves eventually and die. I would say lowering the chance of paralysis when they attack would be enough.

BoomdaddyBP

They are fine, leave as is.

Mort

It's kinda spoiling for people to share the stats of our custom monsters... on the ooc forum, do not do this in the future please.

This is a rule of our suggestion forum. If you can't make suggestions without revealing the 'unknown' that makes the server mysterious or dangerous, then dont make suggestions based on mechanical aspect of our monsters.

That's why cheat guides usually show you the weakness, strength, HP, AB, all the stats of every monster you face . We dont want that obviously to be made public.

Velve

I think they are pretty damn brutal.. As they should be. However, I would like to see their movement rate halved or something. They're vines creeping along the ground, but move faster than the average character can run.

Semli

OMFG NOES

UGH AH HALP

WHY IS THIS HAPPEN-

... oh hi

Egon the Monkey

Yep. If they were a creeping terrors that snuck up and paralyzed you when you were fighting something else, they would be an avoidable but definite threat and reason to be wary.

Archon

Except I ran across an assassin vine two screens south west of the colony.

They are obviously not only in the bogs.