Adding a guildhouse

Started by Letsplayforfun, September 17, 2009, 06:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsplayforfun

A 5th one would be nice, seen how people are getting the hang of using them.

Better have one more not occupied from time to time than having a group have to wait on others to free a place.

Maybe the tower between the market and the lost ring QA?

BrittanyPanthas

I'd not only endorse adding more guildhouses, but also adding in a script which checks how many members of a banner faction there are after the first rent period is up.  If less than three, then they cannot re-rent the guildhouse.

This would prevent some solo people renting guildhouses and treating them as personal residences without any intent to recruit people, as has occurred in the past.

TheWastesAreFrozen

I disagree with adding too many. Competition is nice and the limited number creates this. The same thing was said in the last identical suggestion I believe.

Letsplayforfun

Competition is fine when the actual factions are competitors, but not when a faction pops up and needs wait a month IRL to get a guild.

9lives

I think we have a good number currently.

Egon the Monkey

@BrittanyPanthas
Not as good an idea as it sounds. While playing Ahmed, I was running a Guildhouse as his place of business, with only one other guild member (and that was later on). Despite the low number of people with keys, that Upper Zig Guildhouse was probably the busiest spot on the Colony short of the pavement outside Kingsman's.

As for the last thread, i remember the big reason for not adding more was how long it took to make one. We could do with more, yeah. Competition isn't good when the only ways to compete are "hang about when it's due to expire and ninja the hall when it becomes available" or "assassinate the faction leader and nab it before someone else can be set up as the leader with a token"

My suggestion would be to implement some smaller "meeting rooms" with a lower cost and smaller storage. They'd be easier to design, and you could have a bunch of them, falling somewhere between inn rooms and guildhouses in purpose.

ExileStrife

Single people renting these with no intention rocking out (or nothing at all) will definitely earn a certain degree of ire from us, so do at your own risk for now unless we change it so you can't.

It might be worth considering having a bid on these places.

Caddies

derfo

A bid system where those willing to pay more can take control would be cool. Adding more would probably detract from the uniqueness of actually having one for a group.

Halfbrood

i will compete for this guildhouse by adding 300 days of rent while everybody is offline.