Beginners arena

Started by DenGrasse, September 22, 2009, 02:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenGrasse

I have last day try my luck in arena. Is no problem, that gladiator is very hard man in default, but in last contest was very overboosted. If price for victory is 60 coins and one usefull thing (mostly potion), logic says, that resources for combat must be equivalent of this. In my last charge, gladiator use blur potion and 3 next potions - in common prices totally unmatched equipment. Fighting against blured enemy is impossible without my own blur, and in this moment, is victory financial loss... Its a pretension set the conditions of duel so?

derfo

i agree, though people should also realize if the fight seems unfavorable they have the option to retreat

ExileStrife

Not to say that this couldn't be imbalanced, but when you're fighting in a gladiator pit, the idea is to fight for your life, not fight to financially break even.

General-shadow

but usally in thos fights potions and healing items arent allowed

ExileStrife

You are allowed to use items, as far as I know

TheWastesAreFrozen

I think a small boost in the reward would be nice since you are almost required to use quite a few more supplies to win than are ever rewarded here.

Underbard

The first time you do any quest is always the hardest.  First time I tried it, I didn't realize potions could be used and nearly got my ass handed to me.  Second time I tried it, I made it through easily.  
  Perhaps the quest giver should explain the rules of the arena better so all would know to use whatever they wished.

Staring Death

Quote from: ExileStrife;146059Not to say that this couldn't be imbalanced, but when you're fighting in a gladiator pit, the idea is to fight for your life, not fight to financially break even.

But why fight to the death willingly in an arena where no fame is likely to be gained? I'd have to say, the reward has to justify it. It's just my point of view, I've never tried it.

DenGrasse

Quote from: ExileStrife;146059Not to say that this couldn't be imbalanced, but when you're fighting in a gladiator pit, the idea is to fight for your life, not fight to financially break even.
This is a very bad idea. Is no one argument for death match in arena. In real, no one fight for 60 coins and one potion in life-risk match. And from second view, only my char killed seven or eight gladiators in this case. I think, no more gladiators (NPC´s) can be recruited for this.

I urgantly recommend change the duel for non-killing status and adjust items using of gladiator to equivalent by victory price.

Letsplayforfun

Quote from: DenGrasse;146245In real, no one fight for 60 coins and one potion in life-risk match.

In most quest people get something like 100 coins each to storm a lair full of critters, where a high death toll should be expected.

It's an OOC thing that makes us want more in a death match, or for assassination of a PC, because we know we won't respawn if things go bad. Shouldn't be that way, imo.

FleetingHeart

You should be noticing a change in this now.