Require a mini-app for a guildhouse?

Started by Egon the Monkey, September 23, 2009, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

Something I've noticed is that Guildhouses, by the nature of the renting system fall to the first banner leader to get to the office after one expires, and in some cases have been used by Banners with their own free rest and persistent storage, or Banners that have no people in, or don't really use it other than in the hope that having one will attract members.

On a recent thread there was a suggestion that a Banner should need 3 members after the first period of rent in order to keep the guildhouse. I disagreed with that, as I reckoned Ahmed was successful in using his guildhouse as a busy trading point that tended to have 2-3 people in it most of the time it was open. I only had my own PC in that banner for most of the time.

My suggestion is that Guildhouse rental should require a mini-app that states why the Banner would make good use of the perks, either by using it as a base for an active an numerous faction, or by using it as a storefront, pub, fight club (the tower one has a small arena) etc. This would stop factions that don't make the most of it from renting it out for an initially large amount of time, and then locking up the guildhouse when they stagnate of the leader dies.

Talir

I don't think requiring an application for the use of the Guild House is necessary nor has the system been designed to require so. What you do with the Guild House is entirely up to the character. There are many other places that you can claim for your group both inside and outside the Colony.

Random_White_Guy

Try the Sewers. Folks love the sewers.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips