Add Bardic Instruments to the Start Area

Started by lakhena, September 27, 2009, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakhena

It was suggested that I suggested adding bardic items in the starting area for new characters.  So here's my suggestion!

Simple instruments would be great -- pipes, tambourine, harp, a mandolin/lute, and a violin should cover just about everyone.

Thanks.

DoomKindler

TomBanana

I support this post by not placing pictures in it.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

I support this post by not placing pictures in it.

Talir

Please don't post pictures in the suggestion thread which have got nothing to do with it. Instruments I believe can be easily bought from the vendors within the Colony so there's really not a need for them to be in the starting area. You can also emote having them until you get the item in question. Those are my thoughts on this matter.

lakhena

FYI as a newbie player, the only instruments I've found from vendors in the colony include drums and pipes...  Ye Olde Harp Shop in the docks is currently locked.  It's possible the gobbo merchants have stuff, but my PC would never go to the gobbo camp without dire need.

lovethesuit

AfroMullet

QuotePlease don't post pictures in the suggestion thread which have got nothing to do with it. Instruments I believe can be easily bought from the vendors within the Colony so there's really not a need for them to be in the starting area. You can also emote having them until you get the item in question. Those are my thoughts on this matter.

The same can be said about almost every other item that can be bought in the starting area. I don't really see any harm in instruments being added. There are swords for swordsmen, shields for shieldmen, so why can't there be instruments for bards?

PlayaCharacter

If we give instruments to bards, they'll have an innate advantage over classes that are nervous speaking in front of large groups or naturally tone deaf. This will lead to metagaming, powerleveling, and will deteriorate the culture of the server to the point of no return.

DO NOT put mundane musical instruments in the start area merchant, my friends. It's a slippery slope that leads straight to World of Warcraft.

Caddies

A good idea, but low priority ATM.

AfroMullet

QuoteIf we give instruments to bards, they'll have an innate advantage over classes that are nervous speaking in front of large groups or naturally tone deaf. This will lead to metagaming, powerleveling, and will deteriorate the culture of the server to the point of no return.

DO NOT put mundane musical instruments in the start area merchant, my friends. It's a slippery slope that leads straight to World of Warcraft.

Word brah.

lovethesuit

I would like to see free temporary full plate (+2) for every character when they first arrive

But over time it deteriorates and by the next reset it is gone

so

derfo

sorry it's low priority too inconvenient to make a couple insturments and stick them onto a vendor