Reduce abundance of Healing supplies.

Started by d1n4l9q7, February 21, 2023, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d1n4l9q7

Please consider reducing healing supplies, at least at the low levels, cannot attest to mid-high level. It seems no different than last chapter which was over the top.

My character only just level 5, hasn't done all the lowbies, and has only repeated about half a dozen. Makes me heavily regret putting points into healing. I'll probably just bin those 13 weak waters, maybe even bin the light waters if theres an abundance of healing at mid levels.

I find with reduced healing supplies players actually slow down between battles to heal up and allow healers to use kits etcs and talk tactics a bit, rather than just popping a couple of charges and running into the next room.

Providence

Me at level 5: "Oh man, this is going to last for months."
Me, after my first job board quest: "Oh... I see..."
Me, at level 7: "50 coins for your healing item, sahib? YES! I NEED MORE! I am desperate for more water!!"

---> wait a bit before you judge. The low level healing bloat is to help you come to terms with the quests. Your supplies will evaporate in a day, believe me.

Dredi

Things are going to be a bit up and down for a bit as they get tweaked, rest assured some of the level 7 quests will absolutely kick your behind healing wise.

I'd expect that once things have been more extensively tested and fine tuned that things will be adjusted accordingly.

Vlaid

I think getting a lot of healing supplies at lower levels is probably fine. It gets a bit harder as you level up and the cushion helps you get started so one bad quest doesn't wipe you out and also helps inject healing supplies into the market for people to buy and sell. If you have so much why not just sell some off? It'll help you get your starting supplies faster.

Higher end it's really easy to have not a perfect group or make a mistake or two and suddenly your healers/backliners are on fumes with their healing trinkets.

whyemmdee

The King is dead.

After the Ringfall, all that separated his once disparate people has collapsed. The threat of the endless tide of the Nothing has been eliminated, but it has completely destroyed many of the former Outer Rings. Yet the Great Ash Desert remains and the jewels of great cities such as Ba'zeel, Kha'esh and Ephia's Well still stand. What's left of the world is a barren wasteland, but there may yet be hope for restoration as many search for a way to restore life to the sands. How hard must a heart be to survive in a world where water is more valuable than gold?

The King is dead. His world is dying. Who can save it?
tchundere

Blue41

Woofersnoofer

As a primary support, I would like to echo the other reasonable comments:
Quote from: Blue41 on February 21, 2023, 02:17:35 PM
Sell your fucking water

Joking aside, one set of level 6+7 quests wiped out my healing supply from low levels and I think we did not even do poorly.
It is a great relief to see that for all the healing supplies I spend over the much longer level 7+ quests, I also get some back at the end or even around the mid point.

Empress of Neon

You get 5 levels of grace period before the hardcore-survival difficulty kicks in.

Take the f*cking water.  :P

Moonlighter

You live in a big Well. I think it's okay to have a lot of water before you set out and use it all in the desert and come crawling back to society for more.

VanillaPudding

Yeah I thought this too. Then I actually left the Well :)