Drugs as drops

Started by Egon the Monkey, December 07, 2010, 01:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

I think that it would be rather interesting to have a few new EFU drugs as drops on unpopular quests or off wilderness spawns. For example, what if all Flayers had a 10% chance of dropping an addictive potion called "Brood Brew" that was not craftable or for sale? You'd potentially see PCs sneaking off mugging Flayer spawns for the drug, or hunting teams doing the Flayer Hunting Grounds for it. Think back to when BoneScreech's old drug dealer paid PCs to get him Mist Essence off Ogres.

Disco

Gods no! I would hate to see pc´s begin to "Farm" Spawns.

Divine Intervention

I would not farm spawns for it.  Mist ogres already drop mist essence are they "farmed".  Cats can give you hides, are they farmed?

BRESTON

Yes, cats are farmed. Wolves more regularly though.

The Old Hack

My character systematically farms dracoliches.

Yes, I do. Have you seen even one of these about lately? That's because I bagged them all.

...what?

Craig210

lol can you imagine people hunting mist ogres for the next kick? Plenty of people would end up dead!

Random_White_Guy

Quote from: Craig210;212486lol can you imagine people hunting mist ogres for the next kick? Plenty of people would end up dead!

Mist Essence is already droppable!

I don't mind it to be honest. I think though it should be a Low-Mid level Docks Quest.

Something in the 3-7 range, so people can start slanging that product if they put in the time.

Maybe a "Rob the Refinery" type quest, to counter the Goblins in the Grainary?
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Egon the Monkey

I was thinking more of having them added to current quests that aren't done much, rather than creating a new quest that would by its very nature be spammed. Furthermore, a certain amount of ICly motivated "farming" such as the hides is IMO a very good thing, as it brings PCs out of town and has them explore about, rather than just making beelines between quests. I enjoy running in to PC fur hunters or foragers rather than the wilds just being zones you pass through. Remember that EFU spawns are run in such a way you can't just "camp" them, so you end up trekking through multiple zones looking for targets.

Bearic

Yeah, I think farming wild monsters is actually pretty realistic in comparison to hunting in an equivalent time frame; especially if the hunter after them wants to make a profit, or exterminate them.

I'm not against drugs as drops, more drops of any kind always sounds good to me, as long as the system isn't flooded; wouldn't be much different than reagents any how. =]

Portal Rat

On "farming:" there are already two factions devoted to the prevention of such where hides are concened. If farming is a problem, there is an IG solution ready to hand and the DMs need not intervene on one side or the other.

Porkolt

This would probably be an excellent addition to the iron nails gang quest thing, you know, the one given by the Son in the back of the Wastrel.

9lives

The only good drug related RP is a product (pun not intended) of its research and creation, and character to character spread through the server. Having these dangerously powerful concoctions available as drops would lower this RP across the board and further subjugate us (me) to the I'M SO HIGH LOL characterization we are sometimes seeing now.

Portal Rat

For once, that troll DM is right about something.

Craig210

If you drop any products make it snuff. Currently I know of the existance of some very high end drugs ig. But the rp i have undertaken to try and obtain them is what makes the drugs on efu so interesting. We have some great roleplayers making use to the drugs and showing extremely amazing rp to go with it. If we make them easy to obtain we will loose that rp and instead see them as another simple buff.