NWN Memory Leak

Started by scribjellydonut, June 08, 2009, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scribjellydonut

Hey I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has a solution, but usually when I'm playing NWN it takes about 40,000 KB of memory or so(may be a bit off there) but anyways, every now and then my computer will get really slow and NWN.exe will just go rampant and consume a huge amount of memory. Today is the largest amount I've seen and it crashed, I called up the task manager a few seconds before it crashed through a laggy and slow system, and NWN.exe was running at something like 1,250,000 KB of memory.

:EDIT:
Just today I was playing and I used ALT+TAB to get to windows then open the task manager, NWN was this time running at around 300,000 KB and I just watched it over the course of a minute, and it continually just kept eating memory until it was running at 400,000(This only took a minute or so to do).  I'm not sure what causes it but...

I'm running Vista on a laptop with a 32-bit operating system and a really bad graphics card(Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family) - I would have a better one but my laptop is a tablet and generally tablets have little to nothing in the graphics department.

Again any help would be appreciated.  I thought this the first place to come to hoping someone else here had at once time a similar problem and had fixed it.

Drakill Tannan

It's not a Vista bug. The exact same thing has been happening to mine while runnin in a windows XP, it begins to take too much memory and it crashes.

I can has fun?

I do not have this problem, and I have been running NWN on XP for years now. Perhaps it is a driver issue?

FleetingHeart

Are you using an ATI video card? NWN does not play nice with ATI I find.

FleetingHeart

Oh, sorry didn't read. Intel graphics

I'd have to say that is still the problem though

That's meant for Desktop use, not really much in the way of 3d

Gebruikers Naam

I had a similiar issue with laptop, NWN, Vista and my graphic card (ATI). For some reasons that I will not get into, the PCs policy did not allow me to update my graphic card's driver.

However, after looking around here for a solution, the game has run excellently.

Hope it helps.