Please allow the wizard tome quest to be opened more than once

Started by IxTheSpeedy, June 27, 2009, 02:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IxTheSpeedy

As far as I can tell it is basically impossible to complete this quest before the server resets without metagaming.  I can absolutely understand not letting people complete the quest more than once but not allowing folks to start it more than once seems a bit over the top.

Vlaid

Wouldn't people then just start it, then not complete it to get whatever you get from it, more times than was intended?

Egon the Monkey

It's a "find items and retrieve" quest like the sorc one. I have never managed to find one of the items needed, and lost the quest to a reset the same way. It should just be flagged so you can only complete it one, not only start it. Preferably the items shouldn't go on reset either. Or, the items should be shown on the dialogue before you take the quest, so you can find them IC the start the quest to collect them all.

Mort

Just because its a solo quest that doesn't mean you can't hire people to help you find it.

Letsplayforfun

It may be a silly question, but why is it limited to once only in the first place? Most limited quests can be done 2-3 times, so what's so special about this one (which i never completed, because i grew bored of looking around for hours, honestly).

Egon the Monkey

Quote from: Mort;132942Just because its a solo quest that doesn't mean you can't hire people to help you find it.

True. BUT, and it's a BIG but, you can't know what you need until you start the quest. So, you have one reset or 24h to try and find everything. If on the other hand it said "you will need this, this and this. Take quest Yes/No?", you can explore/hire goons/pay for info and make sure you know where everything you need is, then start it when you are certain you know where the locations are. Otherwise it's a one-off gamble, or metagame opportunity.

IxTheSpeedy

Well said Egon, you summed up what I wanted to say very nicely.  I don't have a problem with only being able to complete it once at all.  And yeah, I haven't been able to find any of the required items either, I do want to be able to keep trying though.

Mort

Why it's limited is that it can give very strong/rare stuff.

Failing the quest isn't the end of the world. Failing to complete it in 24 hours is similar to failing the quest.

No big deal.

I can has fun?

You guys are doing better than me with that quest. I never made any progress on it at all.

One thing I did notice about it is the relatively high level max for a solo quest. You can take it at level 7, can you not? That seems to support the idea that you can pay others to help you complete it, as by level 7 a decent wizard ought to have a fair bit of gold in the bank.