Beastmen Bandit Concept

Started by Equinox, May 02, 2009, 03:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MexicanGunslinger

You should not just restrict it to Beastmen, I play a bandit myself an no bandit group is ever made up of like-minded PCs, you got a bandit group you got a bunch of money hungry fellers, whatever their class/race.

Drakill Tannan

If killing equals evil, then paladins are damn evil, they go arround killing goblins and kobolds! if i think about it.. well everyone is evil then. How many chracters not go for their own convenience killing random creatures?

No, no. You are evil when you wish to hurt somone, when you desire the suffering or death of others, an adventurer that goes in and kill the kobolds because he wants their gold is not evil because he does not do it for the bloodlust, he does it for the gold. In wich case he is neither good or bad.

Or as long as i only kill evil people, i'm good? makes no sence at all.

Neutral means you are willing to do good things or bad things same, the bandit wants the gold, that's it. But he might be as well willing to give it to the orphan girl if he sees her in a soft-hearted moment, or maybe he only does it to feed his family, or maybe.. well there are tons of things the badnit could do after killing the guy that aren't evil. Alignments can't be messured by a single act.

On-topic

What about werebeasts? i'd like to see werewolves and wereboars in the group as well.

Equinox

I'd love to see a werebeast involved. The main reasons for me choosing beastmen only are to do with backwards thinking of magic and the like.

I am now considering opening this to more savage type pcs. But only with good reason. I mainly want beastmen.

Belgaroth

Quote from: Drakill Tannan;123880If killing equals evil, then paladins are damn evil, they go arround killing goblins and kobolds! if i think about it.. well everyone is evil then. How many chracters not go for their own convenience killing random creatures?

I said, in a previous post:

Bandits who hurt and rob non-evil people are necessarily evil.

In other words, hurting and robbing evil people isn't evil. For example, bandits who rob, let's say an Ilmateri, taking all the gold he intended to give to the poor, are evil. Bandits who only rob evil people would be neutral, or good if they are Robin Hood-like (giving what they stole to others)

QuoteNo, no. You are evil when you wish to hurt somone, when you desire the suffering or death of others
I hope you don't mean that someone who kills for any other reason than because he likes to see other suffer isn't evil?? TBH that would be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. And that would be even more worrysome if you think that irl a person who kills for any other reason than the pleasure of it is not evil.

QuoteOr as long as i only kill evil people, i'm good? makes no sence at all.
Next time, please read what I wrote before replying. It's really annoying to have to repeat stuff. You are not good because you kill evil creatures, you are good when you help others at your own expense.

QuoteNeutral means you are willing to do good things or bad things same
This is crap. Never has this been said anywhere.

Quotethe bandit wants the gold, that's it. But he might be as well willing to give it to the orphan girl if he sees her in a soft-hearted moment, or maybe he only does it to feed his family, or maybe.. well there are tons of things the badnit could do after killing the guy that aren't evil. Alignments can't be messured by a single act.
Well, no, they can't. But some actions weigh more than others. It's not: "I kill and rob 10 people each day, 5 pts towards evil, but another day I pity a poor girl so I give her money 5 pts towards good". Far-fetched something like this would happen, tough.

Anonymous Bosch

Pretty sure this thread used to have a point, and that it wasn't about defining alignments. :P

Equinox

Ok, Belgaroth i'm tired of you using my thread as a debate ground for soemthing that now has little relavence to the topic.

Make a new thread or quit.

Pm me for more info on this concept.

Howlando

Clarification regarding alignment issues should be addressed in a separate thread elsewhere such as the Ask a DM forum, the opinions expressed in this thread should not be considered relevant to EFU.

Equinox

Thanks howland.

I have now three people interested in this concept. looking for maybe one or two more. I am also perhaps taking on -ONE- Human or preferrably halforc ifor a specific role for this concept. Please pm me if interested.

Drakill Tannan

I'd like to join in.

I have a Half-Orc new to the colony, currently looking for a new master to serve, the first person who decides to take advantage of his lack of joy for his new freedom will become his new liege.

Vrok is his name, i love this concept, and since i'd one of the few non-beasts i'll contrast much, something i love to.

He is also True Neutral, so he might fit in.

Also, let me apologize for the alignment debate, wansn't my intetnion to continue the debate for more than a couple posts at most. Sorry.

Never you answered my question though, how abotu werebeasts who wish to join the faction?

Equinox

I did answer, a few posts up. Werebeasts would be welcomed.

Belgaroth

Quote from: Equinox;123916Ok, Belgaroth i'm tired of you using my thread as a debate ground for soemthing that now has little relavence to the topic.
Euh, well, you need more than one people to debate... But okay. :rolleyes:

Belgaroth

Now about the faction: do you have objectives besides being bandits? Having other realizable objectives would make the faction more interesting imho.

The Crimson Magician

HE CANT TELL U ALL THIS STUFF UNLESS YOU R INTERSTED MN

Belgaroth

I WAS ASKING IF HE HAD THEM, NOT WHAT THEY WERE ZOMG MN