Team Good faction

Started by Gwydion, January 02, 2009, 07:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwydion

I'm in the formative stages of developing a primarily good and neutral player faction.  I'm looking for other players that are active in the evenings EST - 9 pm to 12 pm or so.  (GMT 2-5 am)

If you have any interest in this, send me a PM for details.  Also looking for input and help forming the faction as I'm pretty open-minded.

Probably won't start for a few weeks or so.  Prefer main characters, but if you want to play an alt during this time period that would work too.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Despite the Team good generality, it never existed.

Team evil never did either.

Random_White_Guy

That's why he's making it, I believe.

G'luck!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Gwydion

All right Thomas.  I'll clarify.  I'm not sure whether your question is sincere, or a mocking attempt at being witty without adding anything constructive, which seems to be a chronic affliction on these boards at times.

I'd like for this to trend toward LN, LG, NG or possibly perhaps True Neutral if the concept makes sense.  Right now I have two primary yet similar paths I am considering, which may very well be determined by feedback from other faction players.

It will have a very well-defined role focusing on one of the essential elements of the server, and hopefully will add to the server in a positive fashion in both RP and helping to drive plot actions.

The Beggar

Are you just trying to balance out a percieved imbalance in the good vs evil spectrum around the Zig? Looking over the post it just seems more like asking more people to play goodly characters rather than forming a group with like minded goals for the region. I could easily imagine that any number of goodly aligned concepts might not get along well at all with eachother, and may even work against another goodly aligned group if the goals and core beliefs were different.

I suppose I am left wondering at the goal of this faction?

Thomas_Not_very_wise

I was pointing out precisely what Beggar said.

Despite the "Team Good" Stigma, it never happens. Lawful good and Chaotic good should conflict.

Neutral good would have issues with both at times, and agree with both at times. Evil is even more apparent with the LE and CE axis, it is vastly different.

You are asking people to play more Good aligned characters, take a Look IG and see the number of Paladins out there, it's ridiculous.

IxTheSpeedy

The Crimson Magician

That is the key to success. Completely ignore TNVW, and his supporters. The key to the plot door.

Though is there only a doorway you can stand in, or is there a transition?

Gwydion

Beggar and the curious,

This will be a faith based faction with a very clear primary mission that meshes well with the server plotlines and design, and a possible secondary mission depending on the individual RP of the players and the events that occur IG.

I did make a couple posts in the "Private Discussion and Reports" forum for the DMs to read about this.  I'll bump it up after I post this.

For all those interested, I'm forseeing launching this at least several weeks from now, or perhaps longer.  This will give us plenty of time to get organized and consider our characters carefully.   I've got a few folks on board, and I might want to ask a DM to run a prelude for us if they still do that.  

I realize that the Order is clearly a good aligned faction, but they don't appear to have the same primary mission at all that I am considering.  Likely the two factions will work together if IG events proscribe it, but it's not a given.

So Thomas - this is not going to be a loose association of good-aligned characters, so if my thread title is confusing = my apologies.

Gwydion

Lathanderites

Here's an update:

I am attempting to gather a group of players in the same time zone to start up a Lathanderite faction.  It's primary mission will be to protect the people of the settlement from the undead and Nightriser menace - and to eliminate them if possible.  In fact, I'm hoping a DM will run a prelude that involves the group starting at a major center of Lathanderite worship and is sent to the island for this very mission.

Some info on how a Lathanderite church will interact with the community:

Quote"Worship is powerful among commoners, nobles, merchants, and the young.  The faithful are encouraged to build new things, restore barren areas, foster growth in cultivated lands, drive out evil, and work to restore or lead civilizations to new heights of harmony, art, and progress.   Churches sponsor athletic events to promote unity and camaraderie, promote the arts thru similar competitions, and finance the recovery of lost items."

The structure of the church will be composed of three branches:

Dawnbringers - clerics of Lathander.  They will lead the faithful - known as the "Awakened."  For game purposes, any cleric or cleric multiclass will be considered a Dawnbringer, and any character that does not belong to one of the other two branchs will be considered one of the Awakened. The priests preach the word of the Morninglord to congregations, administrate the activities of the awakened and strive to improve the community.  They seek to be a positive force of renewal, new growth and hope for the people.  The head of the Dawnbringers is known as a Prior.

Order of the Aster - a knightly and militiristic order comprised of warriors and paladins.  They are bound to a strict oath, and those who break this oath can be stripped of their title and rank in the Order by a Dawnbringer or an officer of the Order.  Duty bound to aid and protect the Dawnbringers and the Awakened, there is a clear chain of command that is followed at all times whose highest member is equal in rank to all of the Dawnbringers except the Prior.

*  I am awaiting word on whether our player faction will need to have an application approved to play characters that are members of this order or not.

Order of the Sun Soul - an order of monks that pay homage to Lathander, Selune and Sune with Lathander as their primary diety. This order spreads the message of the Morninglord to the common folk. "They are staunch opponents of darkness, evil, and chaos.  They are crusaders against churches of evil deities, defenders of common folk, and protectors of sites sacred to deities of light and good."

PLAYERS:
Currently we have quite a few players interested in getting in on this at startup.  Of course, existing characters may opt to join the church due to RP and IC reasons.

I'd like to repeat that this group's primary playing time will be about 8-12 pm (GMT -5).  If a DM is gracious enough to run a prelude for the 9-10 players that have expressed interest, I'd like to ask that players who want to join this continue playing their characters and don't dump them after the prelude is over.  

Currently I'm waiting on a DM to address some of my questions, and the projected startup is sometime around the end of the month.  

Send me a PM if you are seriously interested in playing a character in this faction at startup, but haven't contacted me yet.  

Thanks!

dragonfire9000

Hey guys, this is going to be an amazing faction, and the more player support we get, the more amazingness can be pumped into it. I really hope to see at least ten people at that prelude, and maybe even more! And remember, Lawful Good does not mean Lawful Pansy.

Gwydion

UPDATE:

We will not be running a DM prelude on this.  However, I would like to start together at the same time.  The backstory will be that we are shipwrecked en route on some official business of the Lathanderite church.  

Start time on this is roughly 2-3 weeks from now.  

Players interested in playing knights of the Order of the Aster are strongly encouraged.  PM me if you would like to play one at faction startup for further details.

ScottyB

Is there a reason this isn't happening sooner?

Halfbrood

I'd like to see this sooner, if possible. 2 to 3 weeks is killer.

Gwydion

There are several players who are turning in applications, as well as a few that requested the time for various reasons.  

I posted that in the update thread entitled "Lathanderite faction".  The planned startup was for Jan 25th.

We could move it up to Sunday maybe - if people turn in any apps today and the DM staff turns them around quickly.  

If there is an urgency to start this up we could try to do that.  I'll see what kind of feedback from the people that have already indicated interest.  Halfbrood and Scotty, you are the first to suggest you want this to go off soon.  You two planning on jumping on board?