Ever want to play Half Orc?

Started by Random_White_Guy, January 17, 2013, 01:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Half Orcs are one of my favorite things on EFU when they are consistently played. They can be a variety of awesome personas and classes, different utilities, and ultimately can make a great deal of fun for the server. Gladiators, crime thugs, and more are often portrayed.

While most Half Orcs struggle to get by in Mistlocke I thought I'd take an opportunity to promote an alternative and the wildlife that comes with such a savage subsect of Orc Life..

As my PC is a Wild Orc of Gruumsh I've been trying to spread the vibe of Orc Revival IC and in interactions and endeavors promoting the tribal, savage, primal orcish lifestyle. I firmly think it would be cool to try and get some more Orcish faith, orcish endeavors, and ultimately

So if you've ever looked at the List of Orcen Deities and said to yourself "Man that's cool", we can potentially make things happen!

Gruumsh, Shargaas, Yutrus, Illneaval, Baghtru and more are all great deities for a variety of more savage, wild side to the Half-Orc Race. No apps required, no necessarily needed experience in the Orc Lyfe, but I encourage anyone wanting to give it a try to give it a shot!

There's a great depth of tribal RP and more you can get into when you expand beyond the notion of Half Orcs as drooling behemoths. Though that concept is one that could easily fit as well!

I'll issue warning now though, it's a hard life out there in the Ymphian wilds, especially for those Pro-Orc lyfe.

Also certain death may be assured, no guarantees I or anyone survives out in dem wild lands. Potentially as well some tie to the H'balan workings of Ymph but no promises.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

The Beggar

QuoteEver want to play a Half Orc

In prison, half-orcs are alway the bubbas, and never the barbies.

Pretty good reason to play a half-orc right there.

Witchcraft

EDIT: I probably should not say what I said, even though I mean it.

Aethereal

Witchcraft, that post is a nightmare to deal with for my curiosity.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Weaverific

In the spirit of half orcs who are more than drooling monsters, try a half orc who insists he is human!  Consider this.  Most half orcs grow up in or at the edge of human society and while they are ostracized and hated, they very probably HATE orcs!  All they want to be is be like everyone else...

Play a half orc who identifies as human!

Ebok

Quote from: Weaverific;322613In the spirit of half orcs who are more than drooling monsters, try a half orc who insists he is human!  Consider this.  Most half orcs grow up in or at the edge of human society and while they are ostracized and hated, they very probably HATE orcs!  All they want to be is be like everyone else...

Play a half orc who identifies as human!

Ugh. Halforcs that are too stupid to realize they aren't human should die. The only ones that would be in this position are the halforcs that grow up as orc slaves anyway.

Weaverific

Not every half orc has shit cha/wis/int any more than every halfling is a sneaky rogue and every dwarf is a high cha drunk fighter who uses an axe.

Aethereal

I don't know, I think it has its place and ought to make for very interesting situations.

For example, Bebel. He was nice. I was always amused by how Balthasar (human supremacist) and he interacted - it led to the most delightful type of conflict (subtle) though they eventually reached a mutual understanding.

With that said, half orc whether to hunt the orc or play with the orc, do it!
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

granny

female monk of Luthic!

disgusting sorcerer of Yurtrus

sneaky assassin of shargaas

clumsy wizard scholar

dumb drooling beast that can't think but is able to smash things fast and slowly

withered mass of flesh that destroys everything on sight...

el groso

This is under new management. Just get your orc blood on, this here guy needs you if you share his blood:

With the Human and Elven Gods falling like flies, it is time for the Strong blood to thrive. Join #orc, PM me, Dtw, Morva, or Crimmage or just roll your half orc and hop on. (Concept for orc bloods in general, and might result in horrible premature death by angry mob)

Gloinar

you had me at rwg

HalfManHalfAmazing

I'd prefer you guys made a new thread rather than revive one that is almost a year and a half old!

I have no ties to this and have already had PCs asking me about helping them concept orcs.

Please make a new thread.

Random_White_Guy

It's cool you guys are making orcs and all but please make a new thread. I have nothing to do with this and have already had people on IRC asking me how I can help them concept orcs. Cool and all and I wish you the best of luck but I have no idea your plans and don't want to be helping people concept Orcs right now.

Please though make a new thread for your own intentions.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Gloinar

Ooo, I didn't look at the timestamp, my bad.

MaimedGod

Yeah, come on. This concept died a long ass time ago. Looking at the timestamps I'd say it died on January 17th, 2013