Machine Wardens

Started by Deepdrake, April 28, 2014, 02:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepdrake

Hello -

Seeking badasses.

My PC, Ichabod Sykes, misses his old company of Rangers that he would roam the Swagdar with. His men were not good soldiers fighting for king and country. They were not Knights winning glory and station. His homeland was a dark place, ruled by women, where men were treated as third class citizens and sexual chattel. In such a place a man did not fight so much for his country or to rise in station, but because it was one of the few ways he could feel as free as his barbarian ancestors were. The few that survived for years in such a lifestyle were graced with exceptional skills in battle, an intense loyalty to their comrades above all else, but many had deeply flawed characters.

I am seeking players that want to play a motley crew of flawed badasses that would collectively be known as the "The Machine Wardens."  I understand that 'badassery' is sometimes equated with mechanical aptitude, but do not let your haplessness dissuade you from joining with Sykes motley crew. Grit, drug addiction, and a lack of regard for ones life can quickly make even someone totally hapless look like a badass even when they have no mechanical skill at all (see: RWG.)

I picture these PCs spending a great deal of time in the Machine simply because they do not get along well with others when they're not on duty. If you've ever wanted to play an Upper based brawler that toes the line of being a menace to society but is quasi protected by a powerful benefactor - now is the time.

Rough goals would be the following:

1.) Gaining a total mastery of the Machine's secret passages, puzzles, etc.
2.) Policing the Machine and keeping people without permits out.
3.) Hunting and eradicating rogue animatrons, Chosen, and the Fey.
4.) Rolling into town after a few days spent wandering the Machine and hosting a gambling fueled drunken fight somewhere.
5.) Earning enough credit with the good Animator Dhimini that you look like the terminator.
6.) Looking out for your comrades above all else.

I'll make a post recruiting for this IG but just a heads up that Sykes will be screening PCs based on how ridiculously entertaining they are to be around, and therefore some perfectly qualified PC's might be rejected. You can deal with hurt feelings IG.

I'll make a point of logging onto that den of filth that is #EFU so hit me up if you have any questions or send a forum PM:

IRC: DDRAKE
Forums: Deepdrake