Escape from Escape from the Underdark

Started by Merrick4, October 18, 2014, 01:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merrick4

Dendar the Night Serpent

The all consuming entity who accepts nothing but subservience, at least according to a group of surface pillaging fanatics known as the Night Serpent Brotherhood. (name tbd?)

Tricked by Spellguard witchery and the lure of pillaging another heretical group of humanoids, this group will see to that their mission to destroy everything is successful and that the last bastion of humans and their allies will fall and serve the Night Serpent in their new world. Revenge or subservience must be realized in return for the trickery of the portals and the greater crusade. Ultimately, a brother's main goals would be

To capture or eliminate Sanctuary, a prized conquest in the great war that wages above.

To ultimately secure the victory against all possible non-allies.

To ensure the Serpent's hunger is fed through destruction, fear, and hate.

To secure the way back to the surface if the tide turns against the brotherhood.

Dogma:

Dendar is the supreme power of the multiverse, a power that seeks to consume all. That consumption of all will lead to a different and superior existence. Seek war with unbelievers and enslave them. They can choose to either serve his hunger or be consumed. Be pragmatic when neccessary, for the crusade must be won. Be willing to forge temporary alliances and work with the trustworthy or like minded. True service to Dendar will protect you in the end. The Dread Empire and aberrants in general are potential allies, but put nothing above Dendar, his crusade, and his all consuming hunger, ultimately.

Some character types

Haters, Power Seekers, Outcasts, Pillagers, Destroyers, Captured slaves or warriors

Feel free to post here or PM me with any ideas. Would love to work with DM's on any tips, setting lore, preludes. I'd like to play a relatively high ranking member of the cult, but I have little care as to what kind of character or ranking you want in this group should we organize before hand.

I had run through a quick similar character before this and it was a lot of fun. In a way it's like playing "anti-efu" if you will. I think this has the potential for a lot of fun and entertaining interactions for all in this setting. I want people who will assuredly keep a traditional  dignified EFU pvp style for such a destruction oriented group. I'll hop on IRC also some time soon.

The opportunity to play a slave of the group would be pretty awesome also, i'd love to play that.

I want to start Saturday the 18th around 6-7 pm EST or maybe the 19th. I wouldn't have a problem with relatives of the group dropping in later. I don't mind alt characters either, I think you'd agree that it's a lot of fun and want to keep the character. Thanks a lot.