Bane's Love is a Hard Love

Started by Iron Fist, December 22, 2014, 07:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Fist

"People don't want freedom. They want boundaries, rules - protection. From invaders and from themselves. People need a leader who can give them both the support and the constraints to keep chaos at bay." - Kevin Spacey, Exarch of Bane

"I'll tell you where I stand. I stand for four-squared justice. I stand for discipline, good order, and a rigid application of the law. And Grudd help any limp-wristed liberal who say different. The people, they know where I stand. They need rules to live by. I provide them. They break the rules, I break them. Sure, rights? I'm all for rights. But not at the expense of order. That's why I like to see the statue of Judgement standing there, towering over liberty. Kind of a symbol." - Judge Dredd, Exarch of Bane.

"Serve no one but Bane. Fear him always and make others fear him even more than you do. The Black Hand always strikes down those who stand against it in the end. Defy Bane and die - or in death find loyalty to him, for he shall compel it. Submit to the word of Bane as uttered by his ranking clergy, since true power can only be gained through service to him. Spread the dark fear of Bane. It is the doom of those who do not follow him to let power slip through their hands Those who cross the Black Hand meet their dooms earlier and more harshly than those who worship other deities." - Dogma of the Black hand

In era's of peace, the people grow fat and lazy. They forget the blood, sweat, and tears that went into the foundations of the privileges they enjoy. They take for granted the freedoms, weaseled and frittered away to the populace by weak-willed men who preferred to serve the immediate interest rather than the common good. These decadent, affluent, free societies are the first and hardest to fall when anarchy befalls the world.

The times of greatest Chaos call for harsh, unyielding order to bring stability to the people. Men and Women willing to do what is necessary, no matter how ugly or cruel, to keep John and Joan Public safe - or at least present them enough of an illusion of safety that some semblance of civilization can carry on. When the fires of perdition gut the realms of civilized men, the indulgences and conscience of weaker souls who belonged to the old order become a weight around the neck of the common man. Power has to be taken out of the hands of those unwilling or unable to do what needs to be done. By any means necessary.

THIS IS A PLAYER FACTION THAT'S ALL ABOUT BANE. Not a mustache twirling, ineffective, dick-dastardly vision of Bane. But the hard up "I hate this guy but he has a point" charismatic dictator Bane. The Bane who makes the streets safe, employ's the people, and puts an end to anarchy. And all he demands is your total obedience, fear, and loyalty.

Alignments: NON-CHAOTIC, NON GOOD. LN, TN, LE, NE all acceptable

Classes: Any non-druid, non-paladin. Unless you're a paladin who wants to convert and become a blackguard totally justified defender of order.

Goals: Promote Bane as a dominant god, Promote LAW and EVIL AS EXPEDIENCE. Decrease Democracy in Sanctuary, increase FEAR and MILITANCY. OPPOSE institutions of CHAOS and HOPE as subversive to the safety of civilization.

BUT IRON FIST YOU CHARISMATIC DEFENDER OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER I hear you cry, ISN'T UPPER PRETTY BANE ORIENTED ALREADY? Not really. Upper is full of self serving politicians, infighting, spies, and subversives. All of which will be exploited and then crushed by the unyielding Fist of Bane.

More To Come.