Bandits!

Started by Talir, August 30, 2012, 09:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talir

I'd like to offer an opportunity for those that find themselves between characters to try something new. Whether you are an experienced combatant or knuckle-headed schemer, the role of the bandit is diverse but they all seek the same -- acquisition of wealth. I've made the role of the bandit more easy in the right circles and would like to see what sort of criminality encouraging features can be explored. So my offer to you:

If you find yourself without a character, try playing a bandit. You'll be setup with some initial goods to start out and left to yourself to make your way in the world. How you use your position and how far you go is up to you.

Advantages:
  • You get to join a semi-association that encourages the theft of specific goods. While no NPCs will be backing your ventures, you'll have a safe location to rest and resupply.
  • The group you are a part of has a specific goal. Upon meeting this goal you have a chance to retire your character in a good way. Should the group itself be discovered and purged, it will be gone. You influence what happens.
  • Chaotic-aligned characters are preferred but not required. If it makes sense for your character to join you can be of most dispositions. The semi-association tends to chaotic neutral but you influencee its reputation moral-wise.
  • PvP with a set purpose. Even if you have never done it much before, consider this an opportunity to see what it can bring a concept and the thrill of chasing and being chased.
  • No application necessary to join. You also have the power to bring more members to the fold.
  • Bandits will no longer try to steal your goods... much.

Let me know on IRC or through a forum PM if you'd like to participate. Know that you will be on your own to make headways in the world and craft your own reputation. If you are a part of this, feel free to send me suggestions for improvements to your play.

[SIZE="1"](I don't want any traitors joining from the get-go. The only ones liable are those you recruit!)[/SIZE]

Talir

189 714,- worth of gems, gold, jewelry and miscellaneous stolen supplies.

That's what fifty-nine wraiths accumulated during the time this group was active, in all their different shapes of banditry.

When the first players in it made their characters for the group, I'll admit I didn't expect anything great out of them. There were none of the more reputable players or those with strong reputation of handling the PvP climate the bandits would be engaging in. But, especially for the ambushes in the early days that nearly always ended in humiliation, you always conducted yourself in such style and manner that you put whoever else I would want in the group to shame. I've never been more wrong about something. Despite what might have seemed like failures then, I want you to know you guys rocked!

Since then, the Mist Wraiths have had their ups and downs. It was an association wherein you guys would decide the outcome -- success or failure -- and quite a few times there was danger of exposure and defeat. Now, finally, they've left Ymph to never return. Congratulations all you who contributed to the tally small or great!