Matilda de los Milagres - The Not So Loved RRrrRrs

Started by granny, August 17, 2013, 04:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotenku

It was a ridiculous accent. Being upset that people said it's a ridiculous accent is also ridiculous. Play your dumb character and have fun. Trying to keep everything about our elfgames serious isn't just impossible, it's also incredibly boring.

Workshop

The concept was very colorful and I enjoyed it. The RrrRRrrrRRrrRRs were really annoying, and if that was the intention, well done! :)

PositiveSingularity

Quote from: Kotenku;349956It was a ridiculous accent. Being upset that people said it's a ridiculous accent is also ridiculous. Play your dumb character and have fun. Trying to keep everything about our elfgames serious isn't just impossible, it's also incredibly boring.

This.

el groso

The RRrrRRrrRRs were indeed very annoying, but this was a colorful character and interesting concept.

PlayaCharacter

TherRre is no rRRReason forRRr you to take it perRrRRrRRRrrRRrrRRrRrrrrrRrsonally that we don't like all thirrrrRRrRRrrrsssss RRrrRRRRrrRrRrrrrRRrRrr stuff.

Nuclear Catastrophe

I'm going to put this to bed, and close this thread to prevent any more comments either way - as the PC is not technically retired and could come back anyway.

Matilda is a good character and has a good concept - I tried to ask Granny to tone the rrRr's down because of a few complaints and because of personal issues.  My wording was poor.  I should have said 'overwhelming', not 'ridiculous', and I broached the subject with the wrong tone, I suppose.

I can understand Granny put a lot of thought into the accent, however, and appreciate the work involved, and would like everyone to know that the character was never forcibly retired by me or the DM team and that Granny is always welcome to come back to the concept, or indeed play any other character at any time.

If anyone has any personal issues with this or the way it might have been handled you can talk to me on IRC and I will explain further if I have to, but otherwise, please, lets just leave it alone for now.

Nuke