Having Issues

Started by NecroDud3, November 29, 2015, 01:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroDud3

after a long while i finally managed to get windows 10 to work with nwn, i can log into efu just fine but it seems for some reasons anytime i try entering various areas nwn crashes and i cant log back in with my character because they are stuck in that area. the only area i've been able to be in is my starting location in the sewers, but every time i leave it, nwn crashes. I checked my files and ran through the launcher to make sure all my files were updated but I can't seem to find any reason as to why this is happening. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated

ZombieSamurai

Disable Shiny Water, see if that helps oh and environment mapping.

NecroDud3

will try that after the next reset, sadly my character is stuck in crash limbo until then

NecroDud3

out of curiousity, i upgraded my CEP, and haks to a newer pack to play on another server i play alongside efu, could having done that cause issues with efu? Since it replaced CEP's used normally with newer ones, could it be that since efu is not using the same CEP pack, that its trying to load CEP's usually used, and instead it loads the ones i now have and since they aren't viable for efu it's causing nwn to crash?

and if so, how do i downgrade back to the ones i had that were working with efu... I'd rather play here than on the other server i have to say. The CEP pack im using now still has all of the stuff previous ones had, it just also uses newer ones in place of older ones. And as i said, I ran the launcher and it says i have all the files needed to play on efu

NothingGoldCanStay

Settings are stored clientside. So you can load a new module up, and change your settings there, and then try to log back in to EfU.

NecroDud3

ah right, tried it, nothing helped, like i said it might be the CEP pack im using, which is overriding older ones

NecroDud3

ran a test pc through some areas and i can play fine, it seems it might just be that area i keep crashing in but i dont know why

Yamo B. There

What graphics card do you have? There's some technology that was removed from newer graphics cards which NWN relied on for transparency effects, mostly seen officially in certain capes and bows that were released late in the game's support, but are also present in a lot of CEP objects (which really wouldn't show up on EFU as far as I know). I haven't heard of this causing crashing, but terrible slowdown has been observed for those affected. There are overrides to fix/downgrade the official models, at least.

Another thing to consider is your sound settings. Again, I've not heard of crashes resulting from this, but many people (myself included) have had a slowdown problem. Sound Options -> Advanced Sound Options and set your sound provider to "Miles Fast Positional 2D Audio". Disabling every optional video option may also be useful for debugging if this doesn't help.

Paha

If you use specific overrides or override our haks, that can cause issues.

NecroDud3

not sure what i did but it seems to be working for now