Warmaster Colmes

Started by putrid_plum, April 16, 2024, 09:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrid_plum

Hello.

I'm writing to ask for historical reference and accuracy, how many battles or engagements has the the Field Commander actually participated in?

So far I've heard that it's a big zero that she's been in the field commanding anything.  I'm maybe confused about the position.  Does one actually have to lead men and women in battle or is it merely a ceremonial position that one uses to boast over about over bellow?

Perhaps I am misinformed so I  eagerly await to be corrected. 

I hope to follow a true inspiring leader who is on the field with the men risking their life.

Your friend,
Fergus Greaseglop, Veteran of Red Hill

Blue41

Fergus Greaseglop,

As of the time of this letter, there have been two military operations carried out against the forces of Iakmes. Mirielle Rosseau has yet to take the field personally.

However, a vital difference between this war and our clash with the Sibilant at Red Hill is that fighting Iakmes will not end in one or two battles. This will be a protracted engagement, and for this reason, I have required each member of the War Council to gather a cabinet, in the event they are unable to carry out the duties of their role due to being called away elsewhere or falling in battle.

Sergeant Samton Ashworth is Rosseau's second, and led the command for the Battle of the Boundary. I suspect you are familiar with him in passing. I have no doubts that Rosseau will do her part in this war when the opportunity next arises.

There are no ceremonial positions on this Council. Everyone who has been selected will serve a purpose, and in so doing, serve Ephia's Well.

Thank you for your concern,

Lt. R. Colmes
Warmaster

putrid_plum

Greetings.

Ah thank you for explaining it to me.  I understand this will be a prolonged conflict.  I'm eager to fight and do my part once more.

I've fought with Sergeant Ashworth many times.  He is very inspiring and a worthy warrior to lead.  I would follow him into the most deadly and dangerous battles.  He's a true battle brother.  That's the sort of person you need as the true Field Commander.  I think many would agree.

May Agaslakku be with us in the coming times. 

Your friend,
Fergus Greaseglop, Veteran of Red Hill