Mule healing quest broken

Started by Kilaya76, September 15, 2009, 09:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilaya76

When you manage to heal Craddock's mule, you press "continue" and the dialogue just ends. Nothing else happens.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Ommadawn

This is an irregular bug. I've done it immediately after a reset, and it worked properly, concluding with XP and the gold reward. I logged an alt in and did the quest about ten minutes later, and it failed on the "Continue" as above.

TomBanana

Sounds like a recurring bug. I noticed this bug, but then saw that someone had posted it already sometime ago. Here's the link

http://www.escapefromunderdark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32273

Disco

Do you expect the mule to reward you?

TomBanana

No. But the XP reward is an OOC reward, not ICly given by an NPC. I can't imagine any NPC coming to you and saying "I have no gold to give you, but the life experience you got from helping me should do the job"

Professor Death

Still recurring - and BTW, the reward comes from Craddock, not the animal!

TomBanana

I'm not sure if Craddock is supposed to give any monetary reward or not, for I don't know how this quest used to work when it was not broken, since there's no dialog that supports a contract. Still, the XP reward should definitely be given, since it is a scripted quest.

lovethesuit

Quote from: TomBanana;145197"I have no gold to give you, but the life experience you got from helping me should do the job"

Well, I think this is a pretty good way of doing things and we should all try to be more appreciative of the non-material rewards for our hard work and sacrifice.

Semli

If my boss started telling me about life-experience I got for going to work I would punch him in the face.

Caster13

Just thought I'd say this is still a problem.

However, I do remember that it used to work fine before (i.e. get a reward for healing the mule). I can't remember how long ago that was however.

RIPnogarD

Quote from: Semli;145707If my boss started telling me about life-experience I got for going to work I would punch him in the face.
And say, "here's your 'life-experience'!" ,.!.. adn walk out... .. .

Professor Death

Thomas_Not_very_wise

How long has this been broken? Lol

Kotenku

Ever since the party system was implemented. I think.

The problem seems to be that it's only doable once per reset.