"Defender of the Innocent" rings consumed itself

Started by Luke Danger, June 18, 2011, 11:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Danger

Exactly what it said in the title. I used the last CSW charge, but it consumed itself. It still had other stats and 3/day Cure Moderate.

I assume this is a bug, since it has /day powers

Semli

Never use the last charge.

Or do! If you don't need the other properties.

Luke Danger

Considering I was firing off every last ounce, I didn't think it'd destroy the ring. >.> 3/day Cure Moderate is nothing to sneeze at

Cluckyx

Regardless of what else is on the ring, you use up all the charges on an item, it's gone.

Relinquish

Not all loot is marked to not be destroyed on use of last charge. Some is, though. But chances are it's not, checking that little box is an oversight.

Cluckyx

Quote from: Relinquish;245379Not all loot is marked to not be destroyed on use of last charge. Some is, though. But chances are it's not, checking that little box is an oversight.

It makes for interesting decisions. Often charged spells on a /day item are pretty pokey. And it may come down to a decision of keep ring/die or burn ring/live

Relinquish

Quote from: Cluckyx;245381It makes for interesting decisions. Often charged spells on a /day item are pretty pokey. And it may come down to a decision of keep ring/die or burn ring/live

It'd be nice to know whether it gets destroyed or not, though.

Luke Danger

Relinquish hit it. If I was able to /know/ it'd be consumed, that'd be one thing. But I had no way to know that it would be consumed, as I always assumed that /day charges preserved an item after a charge was finished.

Disco

Luke here is a tip. Check how many charges the ability will consume. Sometimes you will NOT go to zero charges if you use the ability.

Eks. Item has 10 charges. Each time used it consumes 3 charges and so using it 3 times will reduce the item to 1 charge, too few to activate it, but still enough to not having the item destroyed.

Mort

Mort

Also, if you  use an item and it has 0 charge and doesn't vanish, please make a bug report. That is extremely likely a bug.