A Meeting of the Minds

Started by ShadowCharlatan, December 29, 2015, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowCharlatan

As we move into the new year, I am keen to bring the major conflict between the Society and the Spellguard to resolution... and perhaps explore various other/related plots that have been intertwined or "on hold".

To that end, there will be a series of events (specifically focused on the Spellguard and the Society associations & factions) over the coming days and a cycle of preparation for a major climactic event: A Meeting of the Minds

For the duration of the next week or so:
  • Spellguard Auxiliary recruitment is fully open and does not require an Agent or privileged Auxiliary PC.
  • The Society of the Ordered Mind faction does not require an official application. You only require the OK from a DM (can be obtained via forum PM, IRC, or IG... simply offer a very brief description of your character) and the usual IC recruitment. Faction benefits remain the same.
Players who want to be involved as part of these groups are encouraged to join up as soon as possible.

EIGHT events will be run (FOUR for Spellguard... FOUR for Society), in which the Society or the Spellguard may (or may not) obtain an advantage.

Other factions and some NPC groups will be capable of siding with either the Society or the Spellguard. This may result in loot/supplies, direct PC/NPC assistance, withdrawal (eg. the Watchers "running dead" and allowing the Society and the Spellguard to fight it out), or other effects.

These groups include, but are not limited to:

QuoteSANCTUARY AND SANCTUARY INSTITUTIONS
Sanctuary
- Starag's Rest
- The Street of the Gods
- The Workmill
- The House of Trade
- The House of Knowledge
The Sanctuary Directorate
The Sanctuary Watchers

RELIGIOUS ASSOCIATIONS
The Brotherhood of the Ascension
The Dwellers in Darkness
The Cult of the Ooze
The Scriveners of Doom

DUNWARREN
The Scrappers
The Chosen
The Fey
The Dunwarren Machine
The Infected Animatrons

NATURE
The Stewards of the Ark
The Myconids

OTHER
The Mound
Mutulakt
Loblobliiblop
Shaggaland
Sorrowfeast Island
Causril Commune
Thomas Alqvin

ABERRANT
Malark Amblecrown
Baron Ormulax
Intryzz
The Dread Empire

...AND MORE?
This is just an attempt to flag possibilities. Use your imagination, roleplay, and common sense to consider what your PCs would do and what sort of help they and their faction might seek. Completionism is not possible or desirable.

Wherever possible, PC interaction is highly encouraged above NPC. Spellguard and Society PCs should seek out PC interaction before NPC possessions.

This can be considered to be similar to an election period, and plots (such as killing Bodhi in Baldur's Gate 2, or gathering an army in Dragon Age) in which characters gather support and allies for a final battle.

Society and Spellguard PCs will be the focus of this period, but other PCs can and will be involved... Or may choose to advance other interests (eg. betrayal of Sanctuary to the Dread, finding a way to end the Society/Spellguard conflict, destruction of everything, taking advantage of the desperation of both sides, etc.)

A tentative date and time for the major event - A Meeting of the Minds - is provided here. This may be adjusted closer to the event to optimize the attendance of relevant PCs.

ShadowCharlatan

New tentative time: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160110T10&p0=57&msg=A+Meeting+of+the+Minds&font=sanserif

Changed based on feedback and to give some more time for the events to unfold. Speak to me privately if you are a relevant faction PC and you have concerns about making it.

ShadowCharlatan

I make a call for Society and Spellguard PCs to badger me if they are waiting on me for NPC responses, possessions, or other initiatives.

But please have a clear idea about what you want from NPCs or NPC groups that you contact.

Also put your efforts into contacting the players from other factions and sealing deals.