Returns, New Beginnings?

Started by TsunamiWombat, March 28, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsunamiWombat

I haven't played NWN and EfU in... oh, goodness. Three years now? Maybe four? it's doubtful anyone remembers me. Especially since I couldn't recover any of my old forums ID's and I changed login names constantly. I came by to see if the server was updating for EE. Pleasantly surprised to see it is.

I see you're all still huddled in fear in the dark. And doing that silly democracy thing. But you've got a Mayor, that's new. I can only imagine a lot has changed. What would you recommend, for a new player? If I was to come back. Has anything been done with Siamorphe, any group concepts? What are the peak play times, relative to EST?

Pup

Welcome back!  I know that whenever I return from a long hiatus from EfU I like to make a simple concept char just to get the feel of the server IG.   IRC and the forums are very helpful but there is no replacement for immersing yourself.  Once you've got a decent grip on what's going on, then come up with a concept.  That's just how I like to do things.

As for peak playtimes it is definitely evenings EST.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Hollow_Mage

Hey duder, welcome back. I heavily suggest making a faction PC. Doesn't matter which faction. Watchers, Clerks, Scriveners, and Spellguard all wander around the hub. Exiles and Cultists are genuinely interesting and a little low in pop.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Siamorphe has gone silent.

zDark Shadowz

There was some plot with the Priory of the Golden Chalice doing something with Siamorphe but the resolution and other details need to be found IG or in the elusive forum archives buried under musty HoK tomes.

TsunamiWombat

Quote from: Hollow_Mage on March 28, 2018, 08:06:21 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but Siamorphe has gone silent.

You are correct, from day one. I had a concept however for a questing knight from cormyr in the style of a brettonian searching for the holy grail-chalice which would guide them to the true king. If that's already tread ground though it kills my special snowflake -itus

How's pop numbers? I remember we used to hit 20-30s on the reg. I'm looking now and only seeing 6 people.

Hollow_Mage

Fear not the title of snowflake; it is the beauty that embraces impermanence. Fear not trodden paths, for many have started who could not complete.

Siamorphe is a god I never really understood. Like Shiallia or Erevan, it seems like an NPC god more than a PC god. But the sweet thing about EfU:R's setting is that all bets are of and anyone could win. Even Siamorphe.