Lag Problem

Started by Goldfishpie, January 20, 2010, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfishpie

I'm just throwing it out here in hopes of getting some suggestions as to how to solve my lag problem. It only occur es when I'm traveling with other PCs or there's alto of NPCs around, doesn't seem connected to any particular time or area. It's difficult to describe it, but it's all jagged and jumpy when I walk, and action and texts are delayed, but transitions run smoothly and aren't particularly slow.

I'm running on compatibility mode on Vista and I didn't have this trouble before Christmas when I was playing on the same computer and on the same network. I don't have any overrides or hak installed and I've turned down all my specs. In addition, I'm serve all my drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 8600M) are up to date, and I'm on c. 100. Mbps speed connection (Whatever that means)

So! Any suggestions would be appriciated!

Also, I'm located in the UK, if that's helpful >_>

Loghaire

Bit late but I assume it is connected to the fact that we have had so many hard resets. I have the same problem and it all seems to get worse every time the server crashes.

Halfbrood

You've turned down creature shadow detail, too, and removed those damn pesky sky boxes?