Persistent player placed objects on efu

Started by Legebril, October 25, 2022, 10:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legebril

Few weeks ago during some discussion on efu-main DM HB said something like 'players tend to destroy things that dms built with love', where I suggested
that it is always easier to destroy stuff than build on efu and make impact on the module.
Then there was something about that building bases and lairs for players will make them want more and more stuff and obviously it takes alot of time for DMs to do those things.

Since that idea was boiling in my head and I am putting it here:

Create a merchant that sells placeables/objects - basic furnuture/camps/tents, a feature that is available on some other PWs.
This can be app only merchant - player would app their idea,location, name and amount of objects, then get wanded by DM to gain access to a merchant. Or it can be 50/50 - some items are non-app and are reset needs an app.
Placed objects would be presistent for some amount of time by default(7days or resets) and DM would have the ability to destroy, extend or make it permament,undestructable etc etc.

Now, I understand, that main concern here is that everyone will want to put something somewhere(pitter peter shrine!), make 100 apps and polute the server and minds of DM team. However, I believe it can be done with some thinking through, trial and error and imposing rules+limitations.
In return players would have more RP surface,deepen immersion and have a feeling that they are  impacting module, in more ways than current EFU offers.

In other words - make love, not destruction.

P.S
Making suggestions is much easier than implamenting them,  If can help  in some way let me know.

Littlefoot

This idea sounds cool until you look at druid plants and understand it will not work out as you imagine.

NightyNightSleepTight

There's a strong incentive for druid plants to be put in places that are either super annoying or super out of the way which I don't think applies to more mundane furniture like tables and chairs.

There are already merchants that sell placeables ranging from signs to barricades. Legebril's idea sounds like expanding the variety of furniture these NPCs offer which would be great for player events like mud tournaments and weddings/festivals,

DirtyGoblin

I ised to love this on prior servers.
Makes for fun flavor stuff to like hobo camps in ruins or little mobile camps when exploring the horrifically empty inner rings before the drill. Just some nice immersion

Abala