Flame Weapon, Darkfire, and Spears/Elemental Damage[???]

Started by The Crimson Magician, August 09, 2012, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crimson Magician

Multiple times now, I have had flame weapon/darkfire cast on my weapon [shown here.], and multiple times has it failed on me and not applied the buff. I was told by a player that it did not recognize my spear as a melee weapon.

Now, as it does have acid damage, is this intentional? I would imagine not, but just bringing this up.

NetherGonnaLetYouDown

Elemental damage does not stack up, so that is intentional if your weapon has some.

Pup

Yep.  Totally intentional.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Pup

Also, no elemental damage should ever add up.  If you cast 'Deafening Clang', for example, on a weapon with any elemental damage whether spell or already a weapon trait it will not stack.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals