Octavius Glyhnrahl, (Ex)Slaver of Sanctuary

Started by Blue41, March 11, 2016, 12:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

Alternate thread titles include 'If I Did It' and 'Shitty Kingpin'

I have never played a Merchant on EfU. Standing around encumbered selling off the second-hand goods of other PC's? Maintaining spreadsheets of acquisitions and sales and worrying about my bank account? I thought it wasn't for me and it took a bit of time for the concept to finally click for me. Once it did, I ended up writing this whole stream of consciousness app thing that helped figure out where I wanted to end up. I'll throw it in here in case anyone ever needs a spare concept:

[hide=App-thing]Goals:

My goal is not to make X amount of gp (though that's nice and all.) My goal is not to try and commission a statue or fountain in my name. I have a singular goal with this PC, and everything else will revolve around making it happen. I want to

OWN A SLAVE IN SANCTUARY. BE SLAVING SCUM

Slavery is forbidden in Sanctuary, but debt bondage is not. Debt bondage is, for my intents/purposes, indentured servitude/wage slavery- and that's a step away. To achieve this goal I will:

--Start a business in Sanctuary- first selling off adventuring gear before moving on to more exotic wares, eventually aiming to create a black market in Sanctuary, above and below.
  • Align myself with like-minded individuals to support my goal. This has been achieved (for the moment) by setting myself up as House Vaughn's sole master merchant. This also leaves opportunity for infighting, as other merchants sign on with the House and 'compete' with me for control, as well as outward sources of competition.
  • Develop and foster relationships that will serve as the contacts needed to extend my business throughout Lower/Upper Sanctuary. Upper Sanctuary's stringent laws prevent me from selling dangerous items freely- but that market still exists, and I will seek to exploit it.
  • Commission vendors and convince skilled PC's to bring me the rare goods that I cannot acquire with my own skills. Alchemical creations, saturated leystones, drugs, reagents and beast-pelts from the Underdark. This gives my burgeoning black market legitimacy- when you want something you cannot find anywhere else, you come to Otto.
  • Broker a deal with the warring factions of Lower, that my business can exist below. Not only must I find a way to sell my goods in Lower, I must avoid being exposed in Sanctuary. There are a number of ways to achieve that secondary goal, such as: working through proxies, working out an arrangement with the law (Prefect or Watcher PCs), hiring on a Lower gang to protect my interests, finding a neutral location to draw in new business, and so on.
--Seize political power under the platform of utilizing the city's debt-bonded to provide the citizens of Sanctuary with a greater quality of life, as well as smooth the road to make my main goal even clearer.
  • Prefects will (supposedly) be granted more power than before: this creates the chances for certain 'sectors/districts/regions' to be more strictt than others. Working out a deal with the Prefect in charge of the In-Between, for example, could create the chance to start a trading post from the outpost there- and sell to Upper and Lower both.
  • If a suitable Prefect to back cannot be found, then run for office myself, using my established background as a prominent businessman and (RED) citizen of Sanctuary as proof of my potential.Be the next Gould.
  • Find or create precedent for a citizen guilty of capital/serious crimes to be delivered into the employ of my business as the debt-bonded, to work off his 'debt to society.' Just like that, the House Vaughn garrison becomes a company town, with the debt bonded as the wage slaves (though they'll be named as 'employees' for the public.)
Of course, even with my goal achieved, there's still the debt-bonded PC to think about. Why would anyone continue to play a slave instead of picking a new concept? What makes that fun? While the temptation to strangle people with restrictive wages and manipulation of the Law is high, there are better alternatives to forever-slaves
  • Allow debt-bonded in my employ the opportunity to pay off their debts in one shot by undertaking a task of moderate risk for my benefit. If they are violent criminals, send them to squeeze out a business rival. If they are spies or sneaks, use their relationships to create new contacts in areas I can't always reach (like Lower). If they have a secret, seize it as blackmail to use at a later date. These are all ways in which these PC's can continue their stories but with a significant shift in their arc- which might be the very thing to keep them playing.
And there's all the conflict potential for paladins, ascensionists, and general do-gooders to oppose me in every way they can once they catch wind of what I'm trying to do, as well as the opportunity to double down on my villainy in Lower Sanctuary if I am ever arrested and/or driven out.[/hide]

Octavius lived in Sanctuary for less than a week. He came in stripped of his fine goods, his wealth, his former property. He was desperate to maintain some sense of legitimacy, something that gave him status over the common, adventuring man. He would find it with House Vaughn, and much, much more.

One of my goals was to try and create a 'black market' in Sanctuary- one that dealt in drugs, contraband and most importantly- slaves, under the name of debt-bondage. Props to Geldgier- this conversation really cemented my interest in this PC.

Chekov's Idol.

What I ended up trading for this idol was the destruction of House Vaughn and the reputation of a Watcher Sergeant. Happy Greedspiel.

From the beginning, Count Vaughn and I began pleasantly enough- but there were too many factors that galled Otto. Our relationship changed after the completion of a successful contract for former Watcher-Sergeant Odelstad, after Otto attempted to cut ties with House Vaughn publicly. A sending was made announcing my newfound 'independence.'

Unfortunately, I am out-maneuvered- I cannot leave the House without facing the wrath of Watcher inquiry. Vaughn, ironically enough, holds up the idol that will seal his fate in court.

Grin and bear it.

The murder in the Vault- five citizens slain by an exotic, curved weapon called a Kris- presented an opportunity that I really wasn't sure I could pass up- but also wasn't sure I could get away with. I had a katana in stock- Malcer had vials of blood. Vaughn's name had been carved into the flesh of the victims by the true culprit, and so-  a plot was hatched. No matter what happened, I was finished with House Vaughn.

More irony.

Vaughn, previously cleared of suspicion, is now taken back to the Watch-house. He is confident of his acquittal- and I couldn't blame him.

A military tribunal is called. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of shots of it, but the trial was exciting, even if walls of text are not.The summary is this: my flimsy frame-up is masterfully exposed for what it is- a disgruntled employee seizing the opportunity to remove a disliked employer by the defense. The necromantic items are barely considered at all- until Odelstad lets slip that it was a figurine of ORCUS, Demon-lord. And suddenly the initial conviction goes back to deliberation.

Found guilty, Vaughn will not be exiled or executed- he is not above rehabilitation. Instead..Otto wins the lottery. Former employer becomes first (wage)slave.

Exultant, I return to the Barracks and after warning fellow conspirator Malcer to keep an eye out for the disgraced Odelstad, I am promptly turned on by my own. What Vaughn held in spades was charm, and Otto just wasn't charming enough to inspire leadership.

'Make your last decision as a free man.'

Octavius died achieving his primary goal, and I couldn't be happier than going out the way he did. I want to thank all the PCs I encountered/interacted/schemed with, because it was those things that kept me playing, not the fat stacks of cash. I don't think I've ever been FD'd so quickly before, or deserved it more than this PC did. See you on the next one.

Pentaxius

What an atomic moment of EFU grandiosity! Well done.

grumpy

Quote::[ City Sending by Geldgier Schicksal : May it be known that the manling Octavius Glyhnral was a Mensch of high morals; I suspect that if he`d have lived on that he would have presented the only competition against the current Greedspiel front runner. ]::
::[ City Sending by Geldgier Schicksal : Unfortunately he died without being exceptionally rich, and will unlikely be able to bribe his way past the Greedvater`s gold gates. I pray that he might be seen worthy to wear the Trovelord`s livery as His servant, and wash His holy feet. ]::

I was hoping to have a long future of scheming with Octavius. Alas. A short story, but an excellent one.

Edit: I really enjoyed the trial, good job all involved.  Here's an edited transcript:
[hide=Edited Trial Transcript]
QuoteThe voice of Alexander Odelstad echoes through your head as you receive a message: There is to be a military Tribunal at the watch house!
Marianne Marigiri: I've been very busy with my investigation, Sergeant. What has happened?
Alexander Odelstad: Murder weapon was found
Marianne Marigiri: Where?
Alexander Odelstad: I'll brief you -He motions to Marigiri.-
Stephan Swiftgale: [Settles into the chair, and pull out some sporebread.] Hungry, Churigen? [Offers some sporebread.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Odelstad - Will you be joining us deciding this case? You are safely outnumbered.
Alexander Odelstad: Indeed. I wish to sit on the tribunal
Marianne Marigiri: ... Sergeant. Who is to prosecute this case, then?
Alexander Odelstad: Harek or yourself. Go to the cells and figure out the rest.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Bring the prisoner!
Marianne Marigiri: Hold on a moment. Inspector, I'm going on record as saying that this is all happening far too quickly.
Harek: GET A FUCKIN' SHIRT ON! How many times we gotta tell you this?
Stephan Swiftgale: Got permission from the guard.
Geldgier Schicksal: ::grumbles, and takes a seat::
Harek: Ach.
Marianne Marigiri: My investigation has not even concluded yet...
Stephan Swiftgale: [Motions her further aside.]
Alexander Odelstad: Well since Harek is to prosecute that is for the tribunal to determine.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I will be watching you, Odelstad. This must be a fair trial.
Marianne Marigiri: Harek?
Alexander Odelstad: -He nods-
Marianne Marigiri: He was not even present at the crime scene, or for /any/ of the investigation...
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Sergeant - Control your Watcher. She is embarrassing you publicly.  [Smirks.]
Harek: Go stand by the barrel.
Stephan Swiftgale: [Takes a seat.]
Alexander Odelstad: -He glances to Marigiri-
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: No respect for hierarchy?
Marianne Marigiri: [grits her teeth together]
Alexander Odelstad: Go to the cells and confer with Harek on the details. Now!
Marianne Marigiri: [storms off]
Guadino Phenrose: [Chews on the pipe]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He looks pale and anxious, taking up a post by the barrel.]
Geldgier Schicksal: ::looks to Octavius with a look of curiosity::
Stephan Swiftgale: [Scratches his jaw..]
Guadino Phenrose: [The burly clerk settles on the bench, chewing on the pipe]
Marianne Marigiri: [idly compares the cloth to Vaughn's cloak]
Alexander Odelstad: -Odelstad gazes around at the courtroom.-
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He watches Vaughn approach the center.]
Geldgier Schicksal: ::cackles, as he sees Vaughn take the stool::
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Accused, you will obey all orders from the tribunal and respect protocol. You will have your fair chance to state your defense, and you will respect our process. Understood?
Sebastian Vaughn: I swear it, Inspector.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mm.  Good.
Harek: Right. Marigiri. Keep watch of the audience.
Karaz Etherion: *motions Talcrath to sit beside*
Harek: Anyone talks? Throw 'em out.
Marianne Marigiri: [bites her teeth and turns silently]
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Glances around...]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A brief glance over the crowd, his eyes narrowing.]
Alexander Odelstad: I presume all evidence has been presented and all witness's as well? Including anything that could possibly be in the evidence locker?
Harek: Nah, not yet Sergeant. I'm just gettin' that now.
Sebastian Vaughn: Do you think I could use the Court for the Watcher Charity Auction in two darks time? - Oh, perhaps not the time.. nevermind..
Harek: I needed to get the elf settled. He's been yellin' and screaming this whoel time!
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Accused -
Geldgier Schicksal: ::scowls::
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He grits his teeth.]
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [...And does a running leap, sliding over the stone table, to join his fellow Tribunes]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I made it clear that you will follow protocol - [Stops, watching Hersur slide across the table.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [He just blinks..]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: We have a quorum.
Rebecca Locke: [Gasps, murmuring awedly at the Sergeant's show of acrobatics.]
Sebastian Vaughn: .. [He nods.]
Rebecca Locke: [... Quiet applause.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Also claps..]
Sebastian Vaughn: [A gesture to Marigiri, and a murmur.] W..watcher?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: In short, accused, when you make jokes, it makes me feel you do not take our laws seriously.  Which quickly drains my sympathy.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Does a little bow]
Alexander Odelstad: Mrr Hrmm
Stephan Swiftgale: Fella has skills. [He murmers to the people around him.]
Sebastian Vaughn: [And he nods.] My sincerest appologies. A grim crime has occured, and this is a serious time. I was.. out of line..
Marianne Marigiri: [glances towards Vaughn briefly, looking over her notepad]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mm.
Sebastian Vaughn: [He silences himself.]
Marianne Marigiri: [eyes Malcer's cloak thoughtfully]
Malcer Amaan: *Glances at Marigiri briefly*
Harek: [He whispers to the Clerk.]
Alexander Odelstad: Whom will be prosecuting? -He looks to the watchers-
Harek: [To Vaseri, in particular.]
Alexander Odelstad: Will the prosecution take the stand?
Harek: Yes, Sir.
Atreus Vasari: [Stands and hands a few small objects to the Watcer]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: First -
Grigoric Kevensko: [As he awaits for the proceedings to progress, he grasps a portion of the parchment draped over his shoulders. He studiously examines the glyphs upon it]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Accused, state your name for the record.
Marianne Marigiri: [cups her chin with a pair of fingers]
Harek: [He removes his helm.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Points to the fat man with a whip.]
Sebastian Vaughn: Sebastian Vaughn, Head of House Vaughn.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Name was sufficient, but blather if you must.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [His eyes center on Vaughn behind bars, some of the visible anxiety melting away.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Prosecution - [Shoots an ugly glance at Odelstad.] - what charges are being levelled here?
Sebastian Vaughn: You will get only succint replies furthermore. [A bow of his head.]
Harek: The Accused is, er, accused of murder of a citizen of sanctuary as well as possession of necromantic artifacts.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: So, two charges. We'll start with possession.
Stephan Swiftgale: [Looks to Marigiri.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Vaughn, guilty or innocent of that?
Stephan Swiftgale: [And questioningly holds up five fingers..?]
Sebastian Vaughn: Guilty. [One word.]
Harek: Multiple counts of murder, that is. [He clears his throat.]
Marianne Marigiri: [silently holds her chin in a hand]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Hm. No license, either? You a necromancer?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [His brow furrows briefly, then relaxes.]
Rebecca Locke: [Lofts a brow.]
Sebastian Vaughn: Not from the Spellguard Sir. I was waiting to get one from the Tash family, should their request for sovreignity be accepted..
Marianne Marigiri: [eyes Octavius very pointedly]
Harek: [He shakes his head.]
Sebastian Vaughn: No sir. I was going to sell it to someone.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Great.  Guilty on that.  Easy.  Now, let's talk multiple murders... Prosecution, state your case.  This better be good.  And organized.  O-r-g-a-n-i-z-e-d.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Blinks, glancing briefly at Marigiri and then back to the Inspector.]
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Ay, nice and concise!
Harek: Yup. Right -
Alexander Odelstad: Indeed. -He looks to Vaughn and then his son.-
Sebastian Vaughn: [He looks over to Harek quietly, his face would be stone if his eyes didn't betray some confusion, and the bead of sweat on his head some nerves.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Points at Harek]
Marianne Marigiri: [eyes drift slowly between Octavius and Malcer]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Rolls his hand..]
Harek: Earlier this dark a brutal series of murders be commited in the housin' vaults -
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Remains still as stone, eyes glued on Harek.]
Malcer Amaan: *Spectral fingers drum silently upon a Grimoire chained to his hip*
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Stares at him, clearly highly skeptical.]
Harek: A family murdered in cold blood -
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Enough with the rhetorical flourishes.  Get on with the case, or I'm just going to say "innocent" to shut you up.
Alexander Odelstad: -Odelstad also looks at his son some might notice what appears to be a brief glance of dissapointment before he maintains his stone cold stare-
Harek: Right, right. Mr. Otto. Come up here.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A dip of his head, gathering himself.]
Marianne Marigiri: [silently stares out at the audience, listening very carefully to the testimony behind her]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: The whore wasn't a speaker, Odelstad? I guess if she was, she'd have turned you down. [Smirks.] Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Proceed.
Alexander Odelstad: -He chuckles; he looks to Octavius. and Harek.-
Harek: You were with Mr. Vaugn just after the bodies were discovered.
Alexander Odelstad: Well?
Sebastian Vaughn: [His nose works back and forth as he tries to handlessly sate an itch..]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Yes I was- within our House Barracks.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Folks -
Harek: Tell me what Mr. Vaughn immediately did.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I have absolutely no idea what is going on here. Please tell a good, concise story with detail and specifics.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: We said be concise, damn!
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Odelstad, train your fucking people.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: I can do that, good judge.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Waves the man on, clearly in an ill mood.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Vaughn departed to answer the sendings made by Sergeant Odelstad to be questioned for the murder in the Housing Vaults. Vaughn gave the necromantic items to me- bid me to put them somewhere, before going to the Vaults. Myself and Malcer soon followed.
Alexander Odelstad: -Odelstad grunts clearly annoyed.-  Aye give us a clear and concise account of the events.
Harek: It was then you arrived to the square where Vaughn was being questioned. What occured then?
Sebastian Vaughn: I already pleaded guilty to that...
Rebecca Locke: [Ponders...]
Alexander Odelstad: You where not told to speak. -He tells Vaughn-
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Accused, shut your mouth, please.  You'll have your time when they are done speaking in tongues.
Sebastian Vaughn: Yes sir.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: It was...a horrible scene. Vaughn was being questioned- I overheard the killings were done by some exotic weapon- a curved blade. It struck me then- there was a curved blade in our inventory, to be sold by House Vaughn, brought in some darks prior.
Harek: Is this the blade in question? [He holds up a bloodied katana.]
Sebastian Vaughn: [He cranes to attempt to get a look at the weapon.]
Marianne Marigiri: [eyes the katana, her mouth dropping open]
Stephan Swiftgale: [He coughs harshly, stifling a laugh.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: It is. I found the weapon missing from our stores at the time-
Stephan Swiftgale: [Nearly doubling over in his chair, as he chokes to stop from guffawing.]
Marianne Marigiri: [glares at Stephan]
Stephan Swiftgale: [He remains silent.]
Marianne Marigiri: [She whispers something harshly to him.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: How many were killed, and were they all citizens?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He frowns briefly, glancing over his shoulder.] I was...afraid. I searched the nearby environs...found a patch of loose soil. [He falls silent at once.]
Sebastian Vaughn: [A blink..]
Alexander Odelstad: -He looks to Harek.-
Harek: Aye, a family of 'em in the Vaults.
Alexander Odelstad: A family being four? Or a hundred? We want a number.
Harek: Four it was, yeah?
Marianne Marigiri: [She grits her teeth together.]
Sebastian Vaughn: That uh.. Is not .. a Kris..I have to object..
Marianne Marigiri: I can't watch this farse anymore.
Gillian Carshald: Uh oh..
Marianne Marigiri: I wish to defend the accused.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: In a moment.
Harek: Eh?
Geldgier Schicksal: ::looks unbelieving at Marianne::
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Accused, I am doubling your punishment for possessing the necromantic object because you refuse to shut your mouth.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He gapes at Marianne, unbelieving.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: If you wish to triple, please keep it up. Odelstad.... Would you please manage your people?
Alexander Odelstad: Marigiri - You can resign and join the civil servants if you wish to defend the accused.
Sebastian Vaughn: [He closes his eyes and his mouth.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Scowls, speaking in a deadpan voice.]  Of course, we the Watchers support justice and will allow her to speak...
Alexander Odelstad: For now you will be silent and sit down.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: We wouldn't want to seem -corrupt-, Odelstad.
Alexander Odelstad: I had though tthat was the job of the civil servants
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Shakes his head slowly.]  Absurd. Continue explaining this, please, before my mind explodes.
Marianne Marigiri: ... I will not resign, but I will not stand for this, either. There are records of Watchers standing in defense in the past. I will do so.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Wait - your - turn.  Please.
Harek: Right. As I was sayin'
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Achem.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: I'm for it, but wait your turn ay?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [His face flushes, his fists clenching.  The very definition of "peeved".]
Sebastian Vaughn: [He does take the moment to look back to Marianne, with an eanestly grateful nod.]
Harek: Before I was interrupted by cunny gettin' her drip.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Looks to Harek.]
Alexander Odelstad: She may do it then since none object.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [A tiny, wry smile threatens to arrive at that, then is quickly banished away.]
Gillian Carshald: [coughs oddly covering his helm with his hand]
Harek: As you were sayin', Otto.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Right. Uhm-
Alexander Odelstad: To the trial at hand. -Odelstad seems very annoyed.-
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: I found a patch of loose soil within the illusion- not far from our House. I dug it up- and found the...the evidence. The sword.
Harek: The newly bloodied sword I have here, yea?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A slow nod.] I reported it to the Sergeant there as soon as I found it.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Accused, is this your blade?
Sebastian Vaughn: It is not.
Harek: This curved blade. The sort of foreign weapon only a merchant would have.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Hm. [Jots a note.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He frowns at Vaughn's words.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Continue with your tale.
Marianne Marigiri: [murmurs something]
Alexander Odelstad: Indeed do continue and make a sensible case that is concise with evidence.
Harek: There's really not much all else to be say, yeah? Mr. Vaughn panicked as soon as he heard 'bout the bodies bein' found. He hurriedly handed off his illegal shite to Mr. Otto here as if he expected to be searched soon.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A slow nod, deferring to Harek.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mr. Otto, you swear that Mr. Vaugn here did so? [Narrows his eyes, clearly skeptical.]
Alexander Odelstad: -He also glares to Otto.-
Harek: Then when Mr. Otto was gettin' rid of them, he noticed this curved blade was missin' [He holds it up again.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: He did indeed- said 'take care of these things.' In front of Magi Malcer as well.
Alexander Odelstad: We asked you to swear.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mr. Malcer, do you swear to this as well?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Perhaps he thought we'd do the same with the weapon- I s-swear, yes!
Alexander Odelstad: -He looks to Malcer.-
Sebastian Vaughn: [A look back at Octavius, smile present as he hears the man stammer.]
Malcer Amaan: I do swear that he handed the Necromantic Objects off to Octavius.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: That was already pled guilty to. I am asking about the murder weapon. Have we verified that the death wounds are definitely from this queer blade?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He looks to Harek at that.]
Harek: Er.. Yup.
Malcer Amaan: *Does so as well*
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Hrmmmm....
Stephan Swiftgale: [Holds his brow in his hand.]
Marianne Marigiri: ... I object.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [An eyebrow raises, and he makes a note, underlining it.]  Right... Object to what? What are you on about?
Alexander Odelstad: -He just glares at Harek and then to Marigiri-
Alto Pythera: [He drags himself in, rubbing the bags beneath his eyes.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I told you you'll have your turn. Follow protocol or leave.
Karaz Etherion: *nudges Alto briefly and points him toward the seat behind Stephan.*
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Prosecution, are you done?
Marianne Marigiri: [sucks in a breath]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Waves to Alto.]
Harek: It should be noted that Ms. Marigiri here was off galivantin' at this time. She couldn't be found and wouldn't know what from what. That's all.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Right. Accused, Mr. Vaughn...
Sebastian Vaughn: Sir.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: The floor is yours to defend yourself.  You may, at any point during your defense, invoke the Watcher who vouches for you.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He steps back, resuming his post by the wall.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: It is shared time.  Please do not waste it, and make a compelling case. [Waves him on, still jotting notes.]
Alto Pythera: [He nods to Stephan and, once more, drags himself along. He might as well be a walking corpse.]
Sebastian Vaughn: Yes sir. Watcher, please explain what actually happened at the crime which YOU investigated.
Malcer Amaan: *A faint sigh from under the Magi's mask*
Marianne Marigiri: Firstly, FIVE individuals were killed at a small and rundown tenament complex. A grandfather, his grandson, and an unrelated family of three.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Fidgets, clearly uncomfortable.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Narrowed eyes, lizard-like, train on Marigiri.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Shrugs.]
Marianne Marigiri: They were killed with a small, curved, dagger-like object known as a kris, extremely exotic and rare. The fatal wounds were slit wrists, which bled the men out completely.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: A quick question -  Is that exotic sword not also usable for slitting a wrist?
Harek: [He holds up the blade in question.]
Gillian Carshald: [he coughs hoarsely]
Atreus Vasari: [Nods, eyeing the blade...]
Marianne Marigiri: Not in this way, sir. To bleed men out from their wrists with such precision with such a weapon strikes me as extremely unlikely.
Marianne Marigiri: Further...
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mm.  
Harek: Eh? And what makes you so sure of that? If these 'kris' are so rare, how'd you know it was one?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Hey. If you people don't start following protocol, I am going to just walk out.
Alexander Odelstad: Proper procedure
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Waves Marigiri to continue.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Grimaces.]
Alexander Odelstad: Silence until called upon.
Marianne Marigiri: There were slash marks abounding throughout the crime scene, on the walls and furniture- signs of a struggle- none of which, by their size and notation, could've possibly been caused by the weapon Watcher Harek presently holds in his hands. FURTHER... the fatal wounds on the final corpse, the grandfather, were two precision strikes through the back...
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Has anyone verified this?  You do seem to be somewhat biased in favor of Mr. Vaughn...
Marianne Marigiri: ... the puncture width and length of which could never have been caused by that blade... Yes.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I did not take Harek's word for it, so I ask for your witness as well.
Harek: It should be noted Ms. Marigiri was the first to question Mr. Vaughn.
Marianne Marigiri: These were verified independently by several other individuals at the scene...
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A glance over the crowd, critically.]
Rebecca Locke: [Clears her throat.]
Sebastian Vaughn: I wish to say something.
Marianne Marigiri: [goes silent...?]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Shrugs.]  It's your floor, by all means.
Guadino Phenrose: [During the lull] Blacksmith here if th'court needs.
Sebastian Vaughn: I have never had a pleasant conversation with the woman behind me. She is biased toward facts.. not me..
Guadino Phenrose: [Vague wave of a soot-covered glove before falling silent]
Sebastian Vaughn: Go ahead and call your witness, that's all I wanted to say.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Please throw out the blacksmith for interrupting proceedings.
Harek: That's the headsman, sir, we may need 'im.
Guadino Phenrose: [The burly figure rises]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Why?
Harek: [He shrugs.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Is he related to this case?
Alexander Odelstad: -He just glares at Harek objecting to the inspector.-
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Frowns.]
Marianne Marigiri: [clears her throat] Within this courtroom, both Steven- the shirtless man- and the woman beside him, Rebecca Locke, had a look at the body. There were numerous other individuals who came to the same conclusion as I did who studied the corpse during my investigation...
Karaz Etherion: ... This way.
Guadino Phenrose: Nope.
Gillian Carshald: [he convulses quietly in his seat]
Alto Pythera: [He covers his mouth as he yawns.]
Marianne Marigiri: ... including a dwarf talented with metalsmithing, who aided me in identifying the object in question as a kris.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Show me the object, please.
Grigoric Kevensko: [A sidelong look to Carshald, offering a whisper]
Alexander Odelstad: -Odelstad taps his foot and also peers at the very familiar object-
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Proceed.
Marianne Marigiri: Additionally, one of the floorboards had been fashened into a spear upon which to impale the child. I do not believe that weapon- [gestures to the katana]- capable of doing so by simple reason of the precision required for such cutting.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Is that so... [eyes narrow as he looks to Harek.]
Marianne Marigiri: It is, frankly, ludicrous that someone would try to pass that off as the murder weapon in this case.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Hmm. Go on.
Grigoric Kevensko: [A look to either side of him, he makes a soft shushing noise]
Sebastian Vaughn: [He leans backward slightly, taking in a deep breath..]
Marianne Marigiri: The blade simply does not work in any of the five murders. Not a single one of them. In fact, its existence here in the courtroom is proof of only one thing-
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Hmmm.
Marianne Marigiri: - that someone saw the opportunity of five entirely unrelated murders as an opportunity to remove a troublesome employer.
Alexander Odelstad: Also another question if I may for the accused?
Sebastian Vaughn: [A murmur to his front.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He tightens his jaw.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: One moment, Odelstad - I just want to be clear here.
Sebastian Vaughn: I welcome the question.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You're using vague innuendo. What are you -actually- saying, Marigiri? Speak plainly.  Don't hide your words.
Alto Pythera: [He winks at Gillian.]
Marianne Marigiri: I'm saying that Octavius there planted this blade outside House Vaughn's barracks, then 'discovered' it as a way of undoing his employer.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: And are you saying Harek is oblivious, or complicit?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He bristles, swelling on the spot.]
Alto Pythera: [He whistles.]
Marianne Marigiri: I think he's an idiot. Whether he is a corrupt idiot, I can't say. But it is clear he hasn't even looked at the murder scene.
Stephan Swiftgale: [He gasps looking at Otto in mock shock.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Slowly write "I D I O T" on my paper with a smirk.]  Go on, Odelstad.
Rebecca Locke: [Chuckles lightly.]
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Uhhh... [Seems very, very unsure.]
Alexander Odelstad: Vaughn are you even capable of wielding that strange eastern steel? I for one am not and know it requires very special training and skill.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Rolls his eyes.]
Sebastian Vaughn: I wish now to give you his motive for such.. Octavius resents me, because I am successful, wealthy.. I didn't mope when I got to the other side..and went on to build something new.. And he lost a few /slaves/.. He hates me for being /better/ than him.
Harek: [He mutters something along the lines of "flirty vying bunt."]
Sebastian Vaughn: And.. No. No I can not.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: It was an old family that was killed. Anyone would slice a few wrists with a blade. Don't be stupid, please.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Scoffs, sputtering under his breath.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Are you a slaver, Mr. Otto?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Slavery is -illegal-, sir.
Alexander Odelstad: Why is your weapon of choice a whip then?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: I've certainly done nothing of the sort in Sanctuary and I resent the accusation. Sentimental value.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Uh-huh.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: I was fond of horses.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Scribbles "H O R S E S".] Is that all for the defense?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Great.  Harek, Otto, approach the accused.
Sebastian Vaughn: I saw the crime scene, sir..  Ah-
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Time for some direct questioning.  Please keep it civil. Miss Marigiri may assist the accused during questioning.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Proceed.  [Waves his hand, an amused smirk on his face.]
Marianne Marigiri: [nods quietly]
Alto Pythera: [He snickers at something in the gallery seats.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He searches his thoughts for a moment.]
Sebastian Vaughn: ..Who is asking? me?
Marianne Marigiri: You are being questioned... be silent until asked...
Sebastian Vaughn: [A nod.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: 'Count' Vaughn:
Alexander Odelstad: -He looks to Harek, then to Otto; He whispers-
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Do you believe that your 'friendship' with Sergeant Odelstad will grant you some form of advantage in this court todark?
Marianne Marigiri: [raises an eyebrow]
Sebastian Vaughn: I don't. Watcher, please repeat what I just said to you under my breath.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Murmurs back.  It looks like he's mocking Odelstad.]
Sebastian Vaughn: [A glance back at Marianne.]
Harek: Eh? I didn't hear you say shit.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Just stands stock-still, clearly untrained for this.]
Sebastian Vaughn: About Delegation?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: You would deny entertaining him within our Barracks in the past, then? Discussing the availability of licenses?
Marianne Marigiri: I didn't hear you. My apologies.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mr. Otto, I don't understand - are you implying corruption...?
Harek: No. He ain't. Right?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He frowns, grimacing at the Inspector.] I-I...I am afraid to admit it- in this court of all places.
Marianne Marigiri: [glances at Octavius thoughtfully, tapping a finger against her chin]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Now at this time...but... Both myself and magi Malcer -were- present at one such conversation at the past. -Several- witnesses heard Vaughn's entreaties to the Sergeant, while imprisoned. -And-
Sebastian Vaughn: Ah. I am sorry, it's no matter. No I don't think that my working together with Sergeant Odelstad will yeild more favorably results. I do agree that we have worked exclusively well together in the past, and I am working with him on this Charity that I'm trying to put together.. an idea Otto loathes.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: When I brought the blade to the Sergeant, it was -I- who was questioned most thoroughly.
Grigoric Kevensko: [A look to his right, then back forward]
Harek: Mr. Vaughn. Earlier you told me you met with 'n Angelica. Do you often make friends with freak mutant non-citizens?
Malcer Amaan: *Turns his gaze from Otto to Inspector Rindle*
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Let's be clear on what we're talking about -
Alexander Odelstad:  I too am baffled how this discussion.
Sebastian Vaughn: One, that's irrelevant. Two, she was a citizen when I bought my crystals that the Inspector has no clue what you're talking about.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Obviously Mr. Vaughn would -like- for Sergeant Odelstad to be corrupt, but that is hardly proof.
Alexander Odelstad: Is in any way relevant to the court.
Marianne Marigiri: [silently looks between them]
Harek: She wasn't no citizen. She just wasn't caught yet.
Grigoric Kevensko: [A look to his right]
Alto Pythera: [A grin to his left.]
Sebastian Vaughn: I threw that mage out of my garrison after, when she sneaked in on house Business. Which quite a few people in here can cooberate.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Mr Vaughn- do you deny bragging to me in the past as to how you have escaped search and seizure of the necromantic items present in evidence-
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Folks -
Harek: Probably 'cause she's a sneaky wizard freak mutant.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: Due to your friendship with Sergeant Odelstad?
Marianne Marigiri: These spurious accusations have nothing to do with the facts of the case at hand. Did Mr. Vaughn kill the two families with the murder weapon, or not? He didn't. That's obviously the case. Why are we talking about this?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: It's fun to assassinate character here, but can we please, please focus on the murders?
Sebastian Vaughn: I am getting lost, Inspector, Sergeants.
Harek: Right.
Sebastian Vaughn: What question must I answer?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: That is all that's relevant.  If you are going to go into useless territory, then I will have to end questioning.
Alexander Odelstad: Indeed
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Murmurs to Harek, then falls silent.]
Harek: Why was it you were immediately suspected, Mr. Vaughn? Why did you panick upon hearin' bout the killings?
Marianne Marigiri: [eyes Octavius, and then sudden knowledge flashes in her eyes]
Sebastian Vaughn: Because my .. name was carved on a body..
Marianne Marigiri: [She smiles, faintly.]
Harek: 'nd there you have it. He's guilty.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Shuffles away from Marigiri.]
Sebastian Vaughn: The word "Vaughn" was etched into the skin of one of the victims.. which is ludicrous.. And I panicked because of simply-
Alexander Odelstad: Why was this fact  brought to us now and not by the prosecution?
Sebastian Vaughn: I didn't hear the first sending from the Watcher woman behind me.. and the second was quite... urgent.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Yes, is that true?
Alexander Odelstad: Or for that matter the defense. -He looks to Marigir.-
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Inspector, this is bad comedy.
Alto Pythera: Man. I wish I were a murderer that signed off on all my victims, then turned myself in. That takes guts.
Alexander Odelstad: I agree.
Marianne Marigiri: Why would I bring that up? It was not relevant to refuting the prosecution's case.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You're a Watcher, Marigiri. I thought you felt compelled to see justice done.
Marianne Marigiri: Yes, and I do.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Seems like an important detail, but that's your bias showing. Regardless -
Stephan Swiftgale: [Rolls his eyes.]
Sebastian Vaughn: She's not prosecuting.. is she?
Harek: So he was worthy of investigatin'
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Let's wrap up this ridiculous show.  I think we've all heard enough.
Sebastian Vaughn: The lump behind me is.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Ay, we have.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Marigiri, approach the desk on our right.
Harek: Why now defend him? He pay you off?
Marianne Marigiri: This is not a trial for Octavius, or else I would have brought it up.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mr. Otto, Harek, this side.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Truth is, made my decision ten minutes ago.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Marigiri, I said "our right". Meaning, learn directions, please.
Marianne Marigiri: Yes, yes...
Alexander Odelstad: Shall we deliberate
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Glares, stony-eyed.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I'm not going to deliberate with you. I have my own mind.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Nor am I.
Alexander Odelstad: Very well.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: I'm of the opinion...
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: First -  Real quickly, Sergeant. Apologies. The first charge - Necromantic objects. Fifty coins.  Pay your fine.  Waste of our time. Go on.  Pay it, so Sergeant Hersur can render a verdict on the murders.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Scoffs.]
Sebastian Vaughn: 100, sir?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Fifty.  Get the shit out of your ears.
Sebastian Vaughn: You.. ah.. doub- Yes sir.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: That was doubled from 25.
Marianne Marigiri: [holds out a hand]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Sorry, Sergeant.  Please proceed.
Marianne Marigiri: [takes the coin]
Geldgier Schicksal: ::looks longingly at the coin falling into her hand::
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Don't know if it was your poor, miserable excuse for parenting, Odelstad - or if shitblood runs in the family, but this is the sorriest case I've ever adjudicated or observed.
Alexander Odelstad: As for murder it is quite obvious that the case of the prosecution was weak and filled with numerous holes.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Chuckles quietly.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Chews the inside of his mouth, despondent.]
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: I pronounce Vaughn innocent of all these murder charges.  Hope you're fucking proud, boys.
Alexander Odelstad: -He looks to gladify.-
Geldgier Schicksal: ::scowls::
Harek: I worked with the case you gave me, pop.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Thank you, Sergeant. Odelstad, your ruling?
Stephan Swiftgale: [Covers his mouth..]
Alexander Odelstad: I found the trial to be absurd and my own son's conduct to be absurd to the extreme. I will side with Hersur and find him innocent. The defence cannot even wield the blade.
Harek: Eh? Anyone can hold a blade.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: I will also have to find you innocent.  You obviously did not commit these murders. However . . . [Makes eye contact with Marianne, a tiny smirk showing up.] The possession of necromantic objects is a very, very serious crime in my eyes.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Do you agree, Watcher Marigiri?
Marianne Marigiri: [shifts slightly] Yes, sir.
Sebastian Vaughn: [He visibily winces.]
Alexander Odelstad: Indeed heavily serious especially when one of the artifacts was a symbol of a demonic lord.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Oh? This changes everything.
Geldgier Schicksal: ::coughs::
Malcer Amaan: *Turns to peer at Geldiger*
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Sighs, glancing back at Odelstad.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Looks at the alchemists...]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Anything else to confess to, Mr. Vaughn?
Sebastian Vaughn: [He grunts.] I would never have used it.. I was going to get it to the Tash family.. I had a meeting with them about what would happen if I came into contact with them and everything.
Marianne Marigiri: [rolls her eyes]
Harek: 'e was buildin' favor with them so when they went traitor he'd have some buddies.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: It's a good time for confessin', we've the rope and all right here.
Harek: 'e said it earlier.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: That's enough out of you, bastard.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Prosecution, are you bringing additional charges? If so, make it fast.  This has been a horrible experience.
Alexander Odelstad: -He just glares at Harek.-
Harek: Naw. Just sayin' what he said.
Atreus Vasari: [Lets out an exasperated sigh, relieving a great amount of emotion built up over watching the trial]
Sebastian Vaughn: What am I supposed to be confessing to? I had the bad fortune of finding a forbiden fruit and sought to pawn it off.. It was not a nefarious action..
Sebastian Vaughn: Greedy? Yes.
Stephan Swiftgale: [Shrugs and continues to watch.]
Marianne Marigiri: [shakes her head at Vaughn incredulously as he defends himself]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Hold a moment... We need to reconvene in the light of this new evidence.
Harek: And who'd wan' a thing like that if not an enemy of the city, eh?
Alto Pythera: [He pulls the scythe off his back and picks his teeth with it.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Sighs..]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Beckons Hersur over.]
Geldgier Schicksal: ::shakes his head disapprovingly at the evidence table::
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Whisper, whisper.]
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Mumble, grumble.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He crosses his fleshy arms, silent.]
Malcer Amaan: *Peers from the Figurine to Geldiger, the Eyes behind the mask narrowing ever so slightly*
Alexander Odelstad: In light of this shocking new evidence.
Sebastian Vaughn: [He grunts out quietly, head hanging in his own exhasperation.]
Alexander Odelstad: The symbol of a demonic lord.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: My verdict remains.  Speak up, you two.
Alexander Odelstad: The prosecution will change its verdict to guilty. I leave the sentence in the hands of Gladify.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Speak for yourself, Odelstad.
Alexander Odelstad: Err the tribunal
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Sergeant Hersur has ruled Innocent. Sergeant Odelstad has ruled Guilty.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Looks to Gladfly.]
Stephan Swiftgale: [Perks a brow.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [His eyes rove the courtroom.]  I think, personally, this is one of the most open-and-shut cases I've ever seen.
Marianne Marigiri: [strokes her chin with a pair of fingers]
Alto Pythera: [He nods his agreement.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Never have I seen such a blatant mismatch of talent between defense and prosecution. Everyone in the room is thinking the same thing, clearly, even if the Sergeant here is blind to it.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [Leans over the counter, staring into Marigiri's eyes.] Guilty.
Sebastian Vaughn: How does this change an already rendered innocent verdict.. when the evidence did not change?
Alto Pythera: Ha. Haahahahaha.
Marianne Marigiri: [raises both of her eyebrows] What-
Alto Pythera: [He bends forward, cackling helplessly.] AHAHAHAHAH!
Geldgier Schicksal: Hahaha! Yes!
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Your defense was pitiful, Watcher.  Even Odelstad's bastard son outsmarted you.
Harek: I did? Yeah. Right. I did.
Alto Pythera: [He claps, turning away.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Swallows, looking hopeful.]
Marianne Marigiri: You're saying he's guilty of murder?
Stephan Swiftgale: [Rolls his eyes.]
Sebastian Vaughn: Where does "Murder" come in?
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Yes, he is guilty of murder.  Did you not see the murder weapon?
Stephan Swiftgale: Yeah, I'm done with this shiet.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: However... Mr. Vaughn will not be executed or exiled.  I believe him reformable. He may be of service to Sanctuary. Correct, Mr. Vaughn?
Marianne Marigiri: [rubs the back of her neck, looking obviously perturbed]
Alexander Odelstad: It definetly is he is a patriotic man and complied with the investigation.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Wets his lips.]
Sebastian Vaughn: [An arched brow..] I had.. meant to.. What? [He seems stunned.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You will have your record wiped, Mr. Vaughn, when your sentence is served.  However... Mr. Otto, please come forth. We would not want to overly burden our limited manpower.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Steps forward, like a man in a dream]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You are an ex-slaver, yes?  And you know that slavery is morally repugnant, vile, cruel, and illegal, yes?
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A vehement nod.] But of course...judge. Wrong...on all counts.
Karaz Etherion: *Raises an eyebrow*
Marianne Marigiri: [keeps her eyes on Gladfly, as if studying the man]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Mr. Vaughn, what is your opinion of Mr. Otto here?
Stephan Swiftgale: Guess that moment is now.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [An appraising look to Vaughn.] The product of mixed heritage- but cunning. He can go far- and will go far, if guided...correctly.
Sebastian Vaughn: [His mouth hangs open, only to shut after.] .. I considered him an ally until he tried to frame me for murder.. Honesty says he is despicable.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [Tuts.]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: An ally, great! He will be your sponsor until you pay your penalty to Sanctuary for your crimes.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Folds his arms, looking irate]
Sebastian Vaughn: Sorry, successfully framed..
Alto Pythera: Well.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: It is reasonable that a murder would yield a fine of 5,000 gold, yes? Surely no one would find that unreasonable.
Marianne Marigiri: [stares at Gladfly in silence...]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You will be fined 25,000 gold for your murders, Mr. Vaughn.  I presume you are unable to pay that currently?
Geldgier Schicksal: ::licks his teeth::
Sebastian Vaughn: Debt bondage, in an ironic twist? Go on then.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: [A tiny smirk threatens to show up.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He suppresses a grin with the utmost difficulty.] A responsibility I will treat with the utmost of care.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You are in Debt Bondage to Mr. Otto here until you have paid your 25,000 gold fine to Sergeant Odelstad here. This is -not- slavery, Mr. Otto. But you are clearly experienced, so... we will have to make use of your expertise.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [A quick, enthusiastic nod.]
Harek: There's the issue of, um, the fey lay's violent streak. What happens if he ain't doin' as told?
Geldgier Schicksal: ::cackles::
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Well, in that instance, Mr. Otto may enforce reasonable sanctions.
Sebastian Vaughn: I again will point out, you ALREADY said the words "Innocent"
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: You are his sponsor.  You are going to help rehabilitate him.
Atreus Vasari: [A neutral, if tired expression on his face, watching Vaughn thoughtfully....]
Sebastian Vaughn: All three of you.
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: We did, and then you confessed to possession of an infernal artifact. A different crime than previously presented, which cast the trial in a whole new light.
Malcer Amaan: *The Mage twitches slightly*
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Context is key, Mr. Vaughn.
Alexander Odelstad: Indeed
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: ...Mmm.
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He glances across the court briefly.]
Sebastian Vaughn: Why are you such an expert on devils, Inspector?
Marianne Marigiri: [just watches Gladfly, almost like she's waiting for something]
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: This is adjourned.
Alexander Odelstad: You can just look at the thing
Inspector Rindle Gladfly: Watcher Marigiri, Sergeant Odelstad, let's have a word.
Geldgier Schicksal: Hahaha! Yes!
Marianne Marigiri: ... yes, sir.
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: Ay, have your chat...
Harek: Not bad, not bad at all!
Sergeant Adriarch Hersur: [Runs, and slides right over again!]
Sebastian Vaughn: [He sits staring at the chair before him with a sour look upon his face.]
Octavius  Glyhnrahl: [He grins fit to split.]
Geldgier Schicksal: A fine piece of justice!
Malcer Amaan: *Briefly places his spectral hands over his mask, in exasperation*
Marianne Marigiri: [follows in silence]
[/hide]

The Upright Man

I loved every second. Having a personal villan added a lot to my PC and the intrigue. Im thrilled to have gotten to play with you, Blue and will see you on the next my friend.

NothingGoldCanStay

I loved every second. Having a personal villan added a lot to my PC and the intrigue. Im thrilled to have gotten to play with you, Blue and will see you on the next my friend.

Sankis

Only dealt with him briefly for the investigation and trial but it was a super fun time! Good work.

Vlaid

My absolutely favorite kind of merchant, the kind that use their merchanting as a platform for scheming and intrigue not as a EFStockmarket.

Well done, the brief existence of House Vaughn in Sanctuary added a lot.

Pigadig

He was fun to observe, especially how almost every time he set up his stall he would somehow get into trouble with the Watchers.

domare

Wow...now -THAT- was a piece of Sanctuary Justice!  Well done everyone!

Ironside

Demure

NothingGoldCanStay

I love cats

I am going to say that I take full credit for the amazing trial. That was well done Otto as well as manipulating Odelstad's bastard son to go against him. I am so glad that trial transcript got in there to show what a mockery of justice occured.

The funny thing Odelstad allowed the trial just so that he could sit on the tribunal.