Donchadh Morvayne, Herbalist, Groundskeeper, Bird Mage

Started by wundyboy, February 28, 2019, 04:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wundyboy

Wundy here, saying farewell on a feathered friend. It seems that my first run on the new setting has come to an end, and I had a great time through and through.

Donchadh was a diviner wizard / druid that was born in a swamp and raised by an ancient, elderly old druid. His life was very simple and easy before the Rings took him away from his humble home.

Upon the first day of his arrival, he saw the Dispensary occur along with several other newly awoken. He shyed away from that conflict at first- after all he was rather weak at this point - and made his way to the Ponds, which would become his inevitable home.

Donchadh would spend his first weeks with the dwarf known as Ghulam. There was a decent enough understanding between the two, that ringrunning was imperative and should take priority over anything else. As they would run the rings, they were joined by several people. Abashi, Iothek, Isiratuu, Hadewig Dunfeather, Maera Drusaer, Chandelle de Veritas, Halanarallath, Valindra, and many more would take the name the Nearly Greens. For a time, they were the fore runners of the recently awoken, and almost everyone had known their name.

But things had gone sour. At a  point in the rings, the Nearly Greens had hit a wall, halting their progression. Donchadh began to feel the need to return to the Ponds more and more, and each of the other members started to drift off and do their own things. So, with nothing else to do, Donchadh became the Groundskeeper.

[hide=The First Moot][/hide]

A lot of people started to pay a bit more attention to Donchadh, as he was wise and kind with his words. He had good reasoning with the direction of the Pond, and overall had a protective concern for his people, who all merely wished to be left alone. No Peerage would be allowed to freely enter, and all who would try would be frightened off by Donchadh.

As he learned more of the title, Donchadh delved deeper into the methods of Nature, leading to many... 'fowl' things...

[hide=The Feathered Adventures Begin...]

Muriel was a kind lady, but Donchadh really hated her some times....

Things also... did not go well for his newly found bird friends....

Donchadh also found some really stupid stuff in herbalism at points, and there'd be times of boredom.

[/hide]

After a time though, Herbalism became my sole focus on Donchadh. I wanted to be the best at it, and it became a huge mindless grind. This led to a lot of apathetic things happening from Donchadh, from the uncaring possession of the Manor within the Ponds, to cutting a lot of ties with any of his friends.

In his final moments, Donchadh would try and redeem himself in their eyes... But it seems, not everything can go so well.

That's all from me folks. See you on the next.

The Samophlange

Donchadh was one of the most iconic early Ringrunners to me, and watching him transition from a mild-mannered Mudlark mage to the Groundskeeper of the Ponds was a delightful experience. Well done.

Yamo B. There

I love cats

Poolson

God bless Donchadh, the one true dumpster diver.

He had a good run and I think an even better victory lap.

Cat

Pigadig

Bearic

This is why I can't take a day off from efu. XD

Was fun!

Quarterdragon

Donchadh was great!  We didn't have much interaction, but his persona showed through every moment.

el groso

The First Groundskeeper, he welcomed Thornpipe  to the Ponds and set him to care for the garden, it was the beginning of my PC story, thanks for that! Well done with the run, thanks for being a pioneer. Good luck on next! :D