Past EFU "Winners"

Started by Howlando, November 11, 2018, 07:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger

Through the grace of King Owain, recognizing her accomplishments as a scholar, Amirah Zaahara escaped undeath.

...or was it Amirah Zahaara...?

I'm sure you know her better than I do.

Chronicler

Amirah Zaahara was cured of the Withering.

Aethereal

Quote from: SkillFocuspwn on December 02, 2018, 01:49:57 PM
A list of Conclave characters who were last offline the day the Conclave blew up:

Gofro Hexney (7)   Neutral Evil   Halfing   Cleric (7)   hex-hazard   Offline   2012-10-24 22:38:47
Vaszir Pharaxes (10)   Lawful Evil   Human   Wizard (10)   NetherGonnaGiveYouUp   Offline   2012-10-24 13:21:18
Izrabal Khrym (11)   Lawful Evil   Human   Fighter (11)   NetherGonnaLetYouDown   Offline   2012-10-24 13:21:22
  Kirin Kuroya (9)   Neutral Evil   Human   Rogue (3) - Fighter (4) - Assassin (2)   Durins Crown   Offline   2012-10-24 13:19:42
  Baatar Zek (7)   Chaotic Neutral   Human   Bard (6) - Fighter (1)   Rallos Zek   Offline   2012-10-24 13:36:51
  Balthasar III Ehrenhas ( 8)    Lawful Neutral   Human   Sorcerer ( 8)    Dry as a bone   Offline   2012-10-24 13:36:51
  Hydarum Leyph (11)   Neutral Evil   Human   Wizard (11)   Red Swirl   Offline   2012-10-24 13:22:07
  Maleken Ten`gregnos (10)   Neutral Evil   Human   Sorcerer (9) - Red Dragon Disciple (1)   WyvernKing   Offline   2012-10-24 13:23:28
  Tancy Zephenia (7)   Lawful Neutral   Human   Wizard (7)   Skill Focus pwn   Offline   2012-10-24 13:20:56
Alastar Constance ( 8)    Lawful Evil   Human   Wizard ( 8)    Orcgasm   Offline   2012-10-04 15:08:52
  Rodrick Banks (6)   Neutral Evil   Human   Rogue (6)   RagingPurpleGiant   Offline   2012-10-24 13:36:51
  Nuberius Bhallaruun ( 8)    Chaotic Evil   Human   Bard (7) - Fighter (1)   ItsSharantilTime   Offline   2012-10-24 13:19:46
Milo Rumplinski (9)   Neutral Evil   Gnome   Wizard (9)   Jester   Offline   2012-10-24 13:20:24
Zenmnos Carias (7)   Lawful Evil   Human   Wizard (7)   black babuun   Offline   2012-10-24 13:23:10

Two characters from the same day but like 6 hours before everyone else, not sure about these:

Zeleus Perthim (6)   Neutral Neutral   Human   Wizard (6)   Courteous Magocracy   Offline   2012-10-24 07:15:52
Vela Blade (7)   Lawful Neutral   Human   Fighter (7)   deadlykate   Offline   2012-10-24 09:21:31

Reviewing a screenshot confirms the following, those not included above also in bold:

Alphonse Ja Von (can vouch for this one as my character extended a personal invitation to them...)
Baatar Zek
Balthasar Ehrenhas III
Hydarum Leyph
Izrabal Khrym
Kirin Kuroya
Maleken Ten'gregnos
Maribelle Simmons
Rodrick Banks
Sudoc Izrisegui
Tancy Zephenia
Zeleus Perthim
Zenmnos Carias
Vaszir Pharaxes
Vela Blade
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Howlando

Your list is a little confusing, a complete single list of (as best we can determine) the participants in the ritual would be great.

Aethereal

Alright, seems like this is the list we have so far for the participants in the Transcendent Conclave's ritual resulting in the rebirth of Mystryl:

Alastar Constance
Alphonse Ja Von
Baatar Zek
Balthasar Ehrenhas III
Gofro Hexney
Hydarum Leyph
Izrabal Khrym
Kirin Kuroya
Maleken Ten'gregnos
Maribelle Simmons
Milo Rumplinski
Nuberius Bhallaruun
Rodrick Banks
Sudoc Izrisegui
Tancy Zephenia
Zeleus Perthim
Zenmnos Carias
Vaszir Pharaxes
Vela Blade

This was my screenshot, for reference:

---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

Howlando

VanillaPudding

Trashy Neerix Valashar "escaped" the second chapter after an omminous sending before the end times

::( Dock Sending by Neerix Valashar : The rise of the Darkener is at hand. While the little prophet moves upon his foe in the dead forest, another comes from the depths. Terror, chaos, confusion, and more shall be at hand and death awaits many. Like pawns, the ignorant who do not give in to the Mist shall be played by both evils soon. )

Damien

Being a jaded person who doesn't like giving things away for free, if this relates to something meaningful can we not include pcs that "won" by simply existing? Kind of removes the prestige of those who actually achieved/survived major events.  I mean you pretty much couldn't get permed on those conclave quests, pcs were just along for the ride....and Alphonso didn't even turn up until the end event, which was quite amusing given what happened.

I'd give it to Leypth, di and paha though. They deserved it. As much as I love vp, nuberius do nothing until level 9 then use thistlespikes supplies to pvp people is not what I call a winner.

Aethereal

Quote from: Damien on December 29, 2018, 09:04:41 AM
Being a jaded person who doesn't like giving things away for free, if this relates to something meaningful can we not include pcs that "won" by simply existing? Kind of removes the prestige of those who actually achieved/survived major events.  I mean you pretty much couldn't get permed on those conclave quests, pcs were just along for the ride....and Alphonso didn't even turn up until the end event, which was quite amusing given what happened.

I'd give it to Leypth, di and paha though. They deserved it. As much as I love vp, nuberius do nothing until level 9 then use thistlespikes supplies to pvp people is not what I call a winner.
It's probably good that you prefaced the question by the notion of being jaded, and I won't necessarily argue against your overall point, but I will add that all these characters gave their life to bring about one of the biggest world changing events in the history of the EFU story, the rebirth of Mystryl (and incidentally the demise of both Elminster of Shadowdale and Mystra). I also believe the DMs were quite clear and courteous offering characters an out, that they did not have to participate in the end ritual, that it would have permanent consequences (this was subtle, but understood) so some recognition for commitment doesn't seem entirely undue. As for Alphonse, my character invited him because Razul had placed an imperative to invite any guests who wished to witness or contribute to the endeavour (he also had a lot of gold and artifacts which would become part of the sacrifice).

The narrative is important and perhaps you lacked the context behind Alphonse's presence resulting in such negative judgement. It should probably also be added that every character that ever joined the Transcendent Conclave also contributed their blood (through the blood bonding rituals etc) to this final ritual of Mystryl's rebirth - it wasn't just a matter of being present in the last few moments. Finally, this is not an argument, I am merely adding information and I don't know if 'this relates to something meaningful.' From my understanding ShadowCharlatan had already memorialised these characters in the form of statues somewhere in the ruins of the Transcendent Conclave anyway.
---

Howlando

Not really interested in discussing the subject.

This isn't "giving away anything for free" but rather an attempt to have a very minor OOC memorial for those characters that (irrespective of their actual quality as PCs or IG accomplishments) arguably "won" the chapter in some way. It's a subjective issue but given the momentous nature of being directly involved the rebirth of a god and unshackling magic that allowed EFU to go in such crazy directions I have made a judgement call that having directly participated in the ritual will count for this very minor thing.

Damien

Fair enough. Please feel free to strike alastar Constance from the list though! Though I participated in every preceding step I quit the pc before the final one.

Danke!

PinballSorcerer

The first post asked for people who by some sense "won" previous chapters.  Would someone who achieved a possibly singularly unique goal in the current chapter still qualify?

Without spoiling what occurred, might Saevel Raedrimn and possibly those with him for their final moments as PCs qualify?

9lives

Seeker Euan Harding made it up The Way and to the Archipelago at the end of Chapter 1

Time_Stomped

Gery the Gate Guard won EfU.