William Thorne: The Light of Eryngium

Started by MonsterMoose, September 30, 2020, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterMoose

William Thorne started out as a pretty simple concept.  He was a gardener who was blessed by the eryngium with the Light.  He used it to battle the Pallid Prince where he lived and all through the rings.  When Thorne realized he wasn't powerful enough to battle the Prince on his own he joined up with the Breakers, hoping a wish from the King would restore his home.  Along the way Thorne discovered more about the Pallid Prince, dabbled in necromancy when he tried to resurrect his undead friend,  strengthened his connection to life and the Eryngium Fields, and became able to fly although he never mastered it.

It was pretty wild playing a positivist.  Coming off of playing Boar Noblestout, a barbarian, for a full year it was a big change.  Not being a frontliner and not being able to damage anything that is alive meant I spent a good deal of time letting others fight my fights.  My greatest joy though was when we got to face off against undead and I could throw fireballs indiscriminately.  It's a really fun perk and the DMs did an amazing job making me feel like I was being hunted by a supernatural force.

I think over the last 8 months that I've played William I have had so many encounters with different players I could never list them all.  I want to give a big thanks to all of the Breakers and Unbroken though.  I wish they all could have been there with us in the end, but I'm glad we made it as we were.  I also wanted to thank the DM team.  The rings are an amazing place and the final push of our journey was brilliantly done.  I'll see you all in the rings!

Here are a very very small sample of the screenshots from my time in the rings.  I would post more but they all contain spoilers.

Loot
[hide]

[/hide]

Adventures
[hide]

Thorne's first outfit.  I had no idea what to do in the beginning.

Trusty Pete.  A welcome sight in a city full of danger.  Always willing to offer up his wisdom.

William and Eliphas helped rid Kevastyr of his planar energy.  William used his gifts to empower him with the Light create the Eryngium Champion!  Although I think I'm the only one that called him that.

The Breakers take a moment to rest after a great victory.  Sorry Nel, this was the only screenshot I had!

Wearing a toga of Baz'eel, Thorne's best look in my opinion.
[/hide]

Trouble
[hide]

A conversation with the Hero of Ticker.

The Light of Eryngium was a marvel to all.

Working for Danebluff.  Ringrunning is expensive!

Trouble with Nephezar. 
[/hide]

Quarterdragon

Grix

Ring 1 dude! William Thorne was -awesome!- Just like the Heron he was just so damn complete and full of personality and life. I was so honored to adventure with you all the way to the end! We had the most amazing scenes!

"Shhh. There is a duck living in this pond. I am trying to coax it out with those seeds there. I'm thoroughly convinced it is part of this puzzle."
xD
Slayed me.

Bravo!

Egon the Monkey

Excellent PC, one of the influences for Narkus not flipping some tables early on and running off to be Dr. Frankenstein for the Timeless Cult.
Thanks for getting me into Tinkering with Thorne's relentless pursuit of a particular thing. It inspired me to really push on the "I will build you things" aspect and make a lot of connections. He had this sort of quiet commitment, patience and anger to him, as opposed to the classic SMITE BAD THINGS undead hunter. Very fun PC who I wish I'd been able to do more things with. I look forward to more plans in 92, some of the stuff we did sparked my interest there too.

LiAlH4