Fix Pauper Ponds

Started by SunrypeSlim, October 01, 2019, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunrypeSlim

It seems there was a redesign and I may have picked just the worst time imaginable to start a druid.

I see no solo quests in or around 98, one collecting quest, and hostile NPCs in the spawn point that deal 11 dmg but give no XP at level 2. My choices were very limited; stand in one spot and wait for another person to come through, or try to kill a monster and die due to a lack of healing. This is the most hostile, unwelcoming state that a hub area has ever been in. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have a hostile hub, but for someone who's new, I think it requires a bit more direction.

Edit: It appears there is a turn-in spot for resources but it may be temporarily disabled or missing. I would prefer getting a group over solo play in most cases, but I'd like to earn something ahead of time so I'm not useless to the others, so I'd suggest some solo, druid-friendly quests:

-Protect bird nests from kobolds, with A.E-able birds
-Climbing/swimming obstacle course
-Healing a sick animal skill-check mini-quest
PM me for an apology! :3

Decimate_The_Weak

I think it would be nice to see a starting portal that starts you directly in the Ponds, preferably at level 3 and with a key to ring 98.

Choosing this portal would make you unable to do the bulk of delivery quests in other hubs but allow for ponds specific low level quests.

Cruzel

A ponds start portal would be great.  (For that matter, a "start in ring 99" portal @ level 3 with some gold so someone doesn't need to repeat ring 100 on every new pc wouldn't be amiss either)

A few ponds-only delivery quests wouldn't be amiss, if only to introduce someone to the various ponds npcs similar to the old "go walk 30 seconds from the cage to get your safety cloak" in v4

Maybe move the  shroom stumbler quest to "a wine cellar near the sunpurse manor" to allow access to a relatively easy, soloable quest (and beef up the reward just a -tad- to  give pond-only lowbies something to do and get some supplies for the non-solo quests?)