Niranye's Journal

Started by Whyleth, May 04, 2024, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whyleth

Maribeh 4th, IY 7788

I never figured I'd be writing in a journal ever. It always felt like deep thoughts written down would end in them being stolen, abused.
I think it is time that I admit that I am lonely. I think it has been a little over a week since Tempo and Devlin died, and all it is... is quiet, silent. There is nobody in the halls to await any more, no more meetings with Tempo in the twilight hours talking about what pompous display Caddick has put on at the Krak this time. I miss my confidante, my hunting partner, one of my closest friends. I didn't know Devlin very well, but he was a joy to be around.

I'm not exactly sure what I can do to refill our halls with students at this point. From what I hear one of my "superiors" has ruined that in one way or another. Doesn't help that they all dislike each other as well. I have taken to making bellows, perhaps I might write to Hazezon once more to see if he will come, since he did say once if he wondered if there was a place for him in these halls.

I hardly see Bruno, Philip or Nasir, with them all being abroad on ventures unknown to me, Aurelio as well. I had hoped to take him to the Tor to paint a portrait of Tempo with me, something I ended up doing alone.

I am fully dedicated to the Quest Grandmaster Elizabetha d'Avergne wants us to see going forward, to find the Cup. But I am starting to doubt my superiors the closer we come towards election periods again.

Caddick and Aubrey, I think, as a joke to appease Margarethe threatened to fire me to run for Legate. I'm really not interested in becoming a political pawn.

The bellows made by Aubrey yesterday are absolutely disgusting. How is any of that defamation of those inspiring? How is any of it meant to help the opinion of the people? I think a lot of her woes are of her own making. It seems the League of White is again without a candidate since they all but ridicule their choices out of their offices. I think she could get what she wants, another White Legate to bend to the wishes of the accords if she went into it more open, but I suppose, nothing, nobody is ever good enough.

After hearing the rest of the bellows made by the White League, I'm not sure it even stands for its tenets any more either. Radicals perhaps, but it makes me happy I joined the Gold League over White. I, after all, am a collector of cultural contributions and art.

Well, it would make me happier if I wasn't relentlessly dragged through the mud for even initially suggesting that they should consider Balstan as a candidate. Throwing around excuses like "Balstan is against the Grandmaster's wishes." I've heard the words "Grandmaster's wishes" so many times it is akin to using her name in vain, yet I am yet to see any presence of decree that anything of what is being said has been ordered by her. I hope to meet her one day myself so I could at least gauge that for myself. I think the Grandmaster would also be against forcing people to share an opinion and stifling their right to view the world and make their own opinions with their own eyes. You cannot inspire the people if you cannot stand on your own two feet. My hope is that if I ever have to teach students of my own one day, it is in a place where they do not have to suffer as I have. Let them form their own opinions, while keeping in mind our Quest comes first.

Yes, some day, perhaps.