Clayton, The Mist Man!

Started by Black_TopHat, July 14, 2013, 01:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black_TopHat

So, Clayton has reached his end, as he died with his home and love. The character was created from an odd combination of survivors guilt, madness, and the dangers of the Mist. Despite Real Life (cursed Real Life) doing its best I was able to come almost full circle, though I regret being forced to miss the final reveal of the Mist Dragon.

All in all Clayton was a load of fun to play and explore the Mist, being able to play on the knife edge of insane.

Thanks to the astounding DM team, all of Aberdenn and all the folks who helped explore this Mist Mad Bastard

Clayton's story began with wandering through the Mist, 10 years in the past, chasing a white doe through the Mist Path, with his good buddy Kurt

After wandering about, lost in the swirling Mist they stumbled upon the first sign of rescue/food... and cemented Claytons every burning hatred for the Crows

Clayton was tempted time, and time again by a seductive voice in the Mist, twisted and turned as his mind melted and he began to see Kurt as a Crow, and, well.... She was very persuasive, okay?

With nothing left but a small finger bone, horrified and his mind broken Clayton was guided out of the Mist, finding himself in a village changed, a home he left ten years ago

Unable to find anything that made sense to him, Clayton would go out hunting by himself, gathering all that he could and offer it to his Lady, in the hopes of understanding What happened to him, and What he had become.

After a few offerings, the Mist began to talk back, devouring the offerings and giving Clayton more, visions which drew him further into madness

His greatest vision, and what helped form his last few days was seeing the Crowned King before he actually WAS Crowned

Unfortunately, it didnt end all that happy for poor Clayton

Some other assorted visions...

A certain Dragon... and the ever helpful Order

He also went to some interesting places, and was rejected, called unclean and generally told he was a freak. Good things to hear, so he tried killing most 'em

In the end, with the Departure of the Mist, Clayton's last hold on reality was lost, and he wandered into the isle, trying to find his Lady once more

And last but not least, the only piece of DM loot he ever got, but one of the coolest. Just using it the first time almost got me killed!

Again, a huge round of thanks to everyone, and looking forward to Chapter 4! (Though I miss Old Port)