Najh-Ra, The Stonefolk Pariah

Started by Najh-Ra, August 16, 2023, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Najh-Ra

After spending a very long time as an exile (On two PCs no less.) I've thrown in the towel for this character.

While I could have continued playing. I decided the sparse interactions were no longer worth missing out on 95% of the server.

That said, I did have fun with my time as a villain. And I'd like to thank all the players and DM who took time to interact with Najh-Ra (you know who you are.)

Najh-Ra was a stonefolk who spent her early life as a slave to lizardfolk tribes. She came to worship Bashmu by the lure of power, whispered to her in dreams. Dreams that were brought on by acts of cannibalism that she was forced to commit in order to sustain herself. Through becoming a priestess of Bashmu she was able to escape her captivity.

Revenge on the lizardfolk was her initial objective. My intentions for Najh-Ra were to join the war against Diakos on the side of Ephia's Well, using fire against fire. She would have become an opposing force to all things lizardfolk, preaching Bashmu's dogma of ambition and desire hoping to gain a human following in the city.

Unfortunately for her, one or two days after she arrived in the city. The worship of Bashmu was exiled, and she was wordlessly hunted out of the city.

In a desperate attempt to see her ban revoked, she attempted to kidnap a legate. Though she failed to even touch the legate, her struggle against the city defenders saw her captured. In the trial that followed she was somehow declared innocent (Thanks Kragg.) Though her worship still meant that she was exiled.

Following the trial Najh-Ra was invited to listen to the wisdom of a certain individual. At this point Najh-Ra changed her perspective on the world, and with it the target of her hatred.

While she intended to follow Diakos' cruasde against the now-hated Ephia's Well. She did not really manage to get involved in the war, and it unfortunately blew over without her having a role in it.

At the end of the war every person she had a rivalry or grudge against was dead, leaving her a bit aimless.

While I still had some plots going, near every character she interacted with was gone. And likewise every character in the creep either quit or abandoned it to play in the Well instead. A trend that repeated for every newcomer to the Creep.

LOOT:

Najh-Ra aquired her first piece of loot recently in the Kha'esh arena, after trouncing her shadow.

The Meteoric shard I had intended to fashion into a spear eventually. After bathing it in the blood from a priest of every spoke, something I only managed to get done halfway.

I'll echo my earlier conclusion. I had fun playing a villain for a while, but currently I would not recommend playing anything long-term while exiled. Most fun on the server is found in the Well and its politics.

Bashmu, Bashmu, Bashmu-kar!

caesaropapist

I had a lot of fun with all the conflict with Najh-Ra, disappointed I never got to have a real showdown on Salvatore!
Hope you have more fun on the next one, exile life is incredibly tough.

I love cats

I enjoyed my interactions on a couple of characters. Also sad Dorvant never got around to a creep raid or showdown. She should definitely be an NPC if retired was too cool.

Erudiche

i really admire how long you lasted as an exile pc. i find bashmu to be a super interesting element of the setting and enjoyed hearing about najh-ra's exploits second hand. her sinister presence will be missed.
Redemption! Redemption!

Anthee

I totally understand your decision, even if it's sad to hear :(

While they were there, the Wyrm cultists definitely brought spice (read: fear!) to life in the Well. I hope another group will take up the mantle! Thank you for that and for the few interactions Najh-Ra had with Soliana!
Sofia d'Andrea

AsheandCinders

I met Najh-Ra exactly one in person that I can remember, but I was constantly hearing of her exploits.
Praise the Winged Serpent! Do as your Strength allows you!