No more giant square oozes

Started by Thomas_Not_very_wise, December 08, 2008, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_Not_very_wise

remove this spawn Wholesale. It causes character deaths at transition like no other spawn I've seen before it. It's aura effect of paralyzing your ass as well as its aura damage makes it unavoidable, even with invisibility as it sits on the transition.

I suggest it replace it with another, equally terrifying spawn, but without the area paralyze effect.

AKMatt

I would second this.  I've never actually died to one myself, but I have heard horror stories of transitioning into these.  They were definitely fun to face down with large groups, running into them out in the middle of an area, but they seem to just have a lot more opportunity to ruin fun.

I can has fun?

I like the spawn a whole lot. Is it possible to simply script them to avoid area transitions, or to return to their spawn point when PCs leave the area?

DangerousDan

Aldrick Tanith

I've encountered one on a transition before, but thankfully I managed to avoid being paralyzed.  The mob is fine, just ensure that it does not appear near or on transitions.  

I support this.

9lives

Calculor

I think I could love you, Mister Lives.

Luke Danger

And here I was thinking DM's were straight :P

And yes, I support this (granted, I never FACED that spawn, I can see how annoying it is)

Requiem

I was also attacked by one of these on a transition and almost died to to being paralyzed as soon as my screen loads.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

You can replace this spawn with...Bog Water Elementals.

Cruzel

You can also script it so that whoever it is chasing, cannot get away from it  by going through transits, leaving it stuck on one.

I support smarter chasing AI. (With Delays to stop them from changing areas faster than you, imo)

Egon the Monkey

I actually suggested scripting a second delay on a mob entering an area, but a certain person didn't like the idea ;).

Glad you came round to it. Frankly, the potential for people to gain a 5 second head start beyond what they had would be less of a problem than being unable to ever escape a pursuing monster by running to somewhere defended/easier to lose it bacause it always gets there first. A prime example is new players who get chased by a Nightriser in the Docks and die because they try to (IC logically) flee to the ziggurat rather than  looking for a Stygian patrol.

Snoteye

Quote from: Egon the Monkey;99729I actually suggested scripting a second delay on a mob entering an area, but a certain person didn't like the idea ;).

I didn't respond because, believe it or not, Cruzel is right. The two options are removing the spawns or, well, sucking it up.

MisterPAIN

These spawns are directly related to my ragequitting.

Caddies

The most compelling testament thus far as to why we should keep them.