I am Howlando, AMA

Started by Howlando, September 09, 2017, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

Was there a way to bully Thervion away for Councillors? I had an inkling ppl were supposed to free Bresley from her.

SkillFocuspwn

Do you have any plans to make a series of stand-alone adventure mod packs allowing players to experience much-celebrated but unwitnessed events in EfU's history, such  as Sanctuary's early days or the adventures of the Count's fearsome gang of misfits?

Howlando

QuoteIf Sanctuary had allied with the Drow in the Canal War?

If Sanctuary had fully allied with the drow:

The svirfneblin would have lost, Sapphire Isle would have been conquered, it would have been christened as "Dead Gnome Port," and there would have been a pirate's den island place PCs could go visit (an alternative to Loblobliiiblop). Probably the drow pirates wouldn't have long been allied with Sanctuary though.

QuoteWhat If Sanctuary had kept its alliance with the Svirfneblin?

Sanctuary had an opportunity to drastically improve relations with the Sapphire Isle svirfneblin. Had they been helped to win in the War of the Dark Lake, Sapphire Isle would have become a place that PCs could go and visit. It's unlikely that Sapphire Isle would have remained a committed ally of Sanctuary but it would have been at least a somewhat friendly power on the Dark Lake.

QuoteOr If the plot to capture Kingsley by the Dread had been discovered in time?

I had nothing to do with dm'ing this personally so can't comment.

QuoteHow about if the Crystal War had gone the other way?
I think SC quoted our internal plot document about this elsewhere in the thread. In essence, Sanctuary would have become a very different place - fervently pro-crystal, militaristic, patrolled by strange crystal guardians and on a permanent war-footing with the Dread. The Spellguard would have remained, but forced to seal their Tower and perhaps operate as exiles reclusively out of the Machine.

Final Sanctuary would not have been made.

QuoteIf the Ascension or the Ibrandulites had won the race for Shaundakuul's arm?

If the Ascension had won I had plans for a major pilgrimage event, possibly to the bones of Frederick Bresley in Ymph.

If the Ibrandulites had won we weren't fully certain but had some plans about making the Underdark a far more maze-like and randomized/shifting labyrinth of caverns with Ibrandulite prayers being essential to safely navigate through.

QuoteIf the rebellion that brought the young bresley back to Sanctuary had been lost?

Can't really comment on this personally.

Howlando

QuoteWas there a way to bully Thervion away for Councillors? I had an inkling ppl were supposed to free Bresley from her.

No comment.

QuoteDo you have any plans to make a series of stand-alone adventure mod packs allowing players to experience much-celebrated but unwitnessed events in EfU's history, such  as Sanctuary's early days or the adventures of the Count's fearsome gang of misfits?

That would be cool but sounds like a lot of work for little gain. If I'm going to build in NWN I prefer to do it for the live server.

Herr something Kerl

Have you ever switched your DM avatar to a monstrous beholder when scolding someone IG?

Stranger

What ultimately happened to Charles Bresley?

Who were the parents of William Bresley?

What happened to the children of Yorrick Bresley, or did he not conceive any?

Why was Stephanos Simms selected as a sacrificial lamb? Was it because he defended the innocence of Ivlysar?

Howlando

QuoteHave you ever switched your DM avatar to a monstrous beholder when scolding someone IG?

Not yet!

QuoteWhat ultimately happened to Charles Bresley?

Who were the parents of William Bresley?

What happened to the children of Yorrick Bresley, or did he not conceive any?

Why was Stephanos Simms selected as a sacrificial lamb? Was it because he defended the innocence of Ivlysar?

I think it's a bit premature to discuss such questions at this time.

Oskar Maxon

What was it with Varlam Nikitovich being a living clerk in the HoG for all of EfU:R? I'm absolutely certain he suicided by poison publically in EfU1.

Howlando

QuoteWhat was it with Varlam Nikitovich being a living clerk in the HoG for all of EfU:R? I'm absolutely certain he suicided by poison publically in EfU1.

As much as I would like to say it was some kind of complex scheme involving a thrall from Intryzz, Netherese Seers Scheming to control the End, the grasping intrigue of a pickled Tube Woman..... really, it was just purely an OOC oversight, I had forgotten he had died. I liked the PC and just wanted to have a little homage to a really nice old HOG clerk PC and have him as a NPC hanging around.

putrid_plum

What happened to Cudwig the Younger?  Could that ever had been found out IG? If so did it require mojor DM aid?

Oskar Maxon

Quote from: Howlando on January 21, 2019, 12:45:40 PM
QuoteWhat was it with Varlam Nikitovich being a living clerk in the HoG for all of EfU:R? I'm absolutely certain he suicided by poison publically in EfU1.

As much as I would like to say it was some kind of complex scheme involving a thrall from Intryzz, Netherese Seers Scheming to control the End, the grasping intrigue of a pickled Tube Woman..... really, it was just purely an OOC oversight, I had forgotten he had died. I liked the PC and just wanted to have a little homage to a really nice old HOG clerk PC and have him as a NPC hanging around.

I think I like this answer best of any of the possible ones anyway, <3 for the old clerks.

zerotje

Can you tell what kind of plans were there for if Ascensionists or Ibrandulites won the Cult War instead?

Cruzel

What was the background story to El Gutotha. Why were there so many undead there? Was there ever a cool story to this, or was it just a flavor thing to make it such a cool induction for the Stygian Armada?

Sneakybeakyivdamke

Have you ever had to  ban players and if so, any ridiculous stories to come from it?

Hollow_Mage

If The Reverse Vampire existed in EfU's settings and mechanics, what would be its ability score and level adjustment?

EDIT: On the Itchy and Scratchy CD ROM: Is there a way out of the dungeon without using the wizard key?