DM presence

Started by Bobbybrown, May 19, 2010, 02:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbybrown

there should be more DMs, or at least one on most of the time, i just got into a whole bunch of crap, 2 party members stuck in the rat legion quest, i got sucked on to the raft while waiting for one to get on, i lost a lv cause of just waiting for one to get on and help, I NEVER GOT THE HELP

Relinquish

DMs volunteer, they can't be here all the time, unless you want to pay them a salary.

9lives

QUITE FRANKLY I AM DISAPPOINTED AT THE LACK OF DMS AND AM TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE

On a slightly more serious note;

Rather obviously, more DMs online would be great. But, equally obviously, we're not always available and we have shit to do, collectively, outside of this enjoyable hobby of ours. We snap up new DMs when we think they're needed and it's not going to be a detriment to the proactive nature of the playerbase.

wcsherry

UrkoNeedsAStiffDrink

DMs are the extra grinding of pepper upon that lovely blue-rare steak.

They aren't required, but they're much appreciated.

Dash

Okay fine, I'll take the job.

lolmagics

Quote from: Dash;182787Okay fine, I'll take the job....but will be AFK tracing manga in Japan most of the time sorry.

Fixed

12 Hatch

As one of the two stuck in the Rat quest, yes, it was annoying, but no, it wasn't the end of the world.  I just logged off and hung out with a few friends instead.  Life goes on.

There is a substantial amount of DM presence, but more is always preferable.  I think if the players make the game more fun for DMs as well as DMs enhancing the game for players, then we can all be a nice, participative family.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this server has a) the highest level of DM participation per active DM, and b) the most mature player base that I've seen among NWN servers.

Players don't want to be treated like children, and DMs don't want to be treated like babysitters.

Paha

Just like Hatch notes, DM's do what they do for their own fun as well.

No one wants to sit around idling just to wait for a chance to help someone out in a buggy situation. It can't really be helped if at those moments they are not around right now, but just think on how many situations the folks are up and running, doing random DM quests and events or helping others out.

More activity in different timezones is always preferable, and surely these words are heard and considered from time to time.

lolmagics

In seriousness, the best way to get them in game is to be positive and create some entertaining things on your own. Some of us are often ungrateful and mean (<--very guilty <3) Lure them in with some awesome and they'll be around more often!

Howlando

Feel free to try IRC if you need a DM to get something fixed. If none are around though, none are around - as others mentioned, we all have busy lives outside of the game.

We certainly are always looking to add more to the DM staff, but it is far more difficult than any player seems to realize.

And also please post bug reports for things that cause problems like this so we can fix them.

PlayaCharacter

Um, haven't most of the DMs been occupied with toolset stuff lately? I just sort of figured they'd be back to bring the awesome... once they were done bringing the awesome.

Drakill Tannan

DMs are not payed. They are here to have fun. You don't get to demand anything of them.

That said, more DMs would be kinda nice.

Else, sometimes shit happens, sometimes it can be solved, other times there is no help and you must just suck it up.