Aleister the Wise One

Started by Random_White_Guy, December 30, 2020, 09:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Having pushed my "Loner Druid wanders permadeath" luck a few times, my luck ran out and Aleister Elwyn has met his end.

Before a great many "Who?" arrives, a bit about the man himself.

Quote from: September 29thCharacter Details: My hope with this PC is to pursue what I think of as the penultimate druid. Rather than hyper spec on a few spells or shapes my build to represent an adaptable balance.

-14 int and 16 wisdom for the Wise Elder vibe
    - Level 1 SF Transmutation feat representing "Change and Adaptability"
    - Stealthy Feat/stealth investment representing a hunter's prowess and wanderer's talent
    - Extend Spell representing the ponderous and measured long term weight of things, like a big old tree
    - SF Conjuration representing "Growth" and manipulation of Elements, Insects, and hopefully in time Plants
    - Wildshape with Low Animal Empathy representing a less outright peace with animals but forcing myself into the food chain
    - Low Cha but Persuade investment for aloofness but communing with Spirits, Fae, etc.
    - Lore, Heal, Herbalism, classic "Medicine man".
    - If/when I reach level nine it will be a choice of SF Necromancy "Decay" balancing growth or Empower with "Destruction" balancing Adaptability.

History:

For majority of his life Aleister Elwyn was an Oathkeeper of little consequence. In a small valley he dwelt focusing on the most micro-level considerations of the Balance one can consider. For if he could perfect in his sphere of influence absolute harmony? A balance between man, beast, plant, the elements, and the spirits? It would be a life well spent. His small slice of paradise carved on the material plain through unending work. Be it meditation by his favored stream, studying the migration patterns of the birds who would come visit as season changed, or simply breeding the best toads for licking to commune with the universe.

It was a wild and insane adventure trying to play a more clandestine outsider PC but also keeping tabs on affairs and shifting efforts as I could.

Going from a Toad-Licking madman wandering the Ponds spouting wisdom at "Spirits" no one could see or hear to actually becoming an enlightened Arch Druid of the City of Rings traveling beyond the realms of man was a true treat.

As my PC collected more Keystones he began taking a larger more "Macro" view of the balance to the point where the small affairs of small people sort of faded away and trying to consider moving things on the massive scale of dozens of rings at a time rather than more micro focus, his adaptation to awakening in this horrific place that wanted him dead.

Some of my favorite highlights

- Early on present for the death of Johan of the Adamantine Vault, for his abduction of a friendly fisher friend.
- Early on the death of Heigric Gosweald, for his animation of the dead in the Weald
- Managing to become the first Wise One of the Druidic Faction.
- The joys of running the Rings with a small, mad pirate crew of Jeremiah Javeers smuggling me deeper
- The absolute tension this caused with my own Druid Faction as my efforts and theirs seperated
- Trying to reconcile that tension and bring balance back to the faction
- Meeting an entire army of Knaves and plying some dark designs
- Taking a Trip to the Court of a Fey Prince (Thanks YMD)
- Taking multiple trips to "The Spirit World" (thanks Arc!)
- An unexpected Alliance with the Delvers
- Quietly watching as the Knaves abducted and terrorized Ordyn of the Delvers
- Watching the Aftermath as I found myself once more allied with the Delvers (a w k w a r d)
- Unexpected alliances with Paladins and Madmen alike
- Unexpected team up with Team Girl Squad.
- Thanks to Wyrmlance and CanadianLoki for playing along with their CRYPTID ABDUCTIONS by the Great Black Wolf of Winter.
- Thanks to Totenkender (Sorry our festival plans fell through, damn Peers)
- Thanks to the many pen pals while wandering the Rings playing philosopher.

Overall there's not many screenshots I can show as this was a primarily ring focused PC but it was an incredible sort of journey watching EFU from the outside as so much went on. I thoroughly love Druidic RP so it was great to just wallow and crawl in the mod for three months time.

I don't know if it's still a spoiler to say what happened in Ring 75 so I'll leave some mysteries yet to unfurl.

Low Charisma True Neutral is a very, very awkward and weird thing to play on EFU but I think I gave it a pretty clean shot.

Thanks for the fun!

And some Shots.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Richørd

Piss, my favorite character-I-never-met died :(

Dredi

I think Richords comment echo's mine exacctly.

The sort of person I'd have loved to have met IC, but never got the opportunity.

Auri

I adore these organic connections, and greatly enjoyed the brief but very real sense of rag-tag camaraderie.
I hope the ending was somewhat satisfying!

I also enjoyed becoming one with the universe, briefly.

... Can't really share any of the screenshots, I don't think. Sad. But, I will treasure them.

Don Nadie

Ouch.  =_=

Was fun to encounter each other, and to work towards helping the Ponds. I think he rubbed off for good on ol' Granny, and I really enjoyed our interactions both by letter and in person. He'll be missed.

I guess that means I gotta throw 4 pounds of the refined quarz dust I'd been saving, tho.