The Book of the World-Earth

Started by DeliciousOoze, June 05, 2013, 04:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeliciousOoze

[SIZE="3"][tface=FELLSC]Book of the World-Earth[/tface][/SIZE]

[SIZE="-1"]As transcribed by caretaker Osmond Thultarvius, from the mouth of Ibel Musshorn, fifth underlord of Waterdeep and caretaker of the blood of our World-Earth.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Chapter I[/SIZE][/tface]
[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]The Powers Above and our World[/SIZE][/tface]

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]M[/SIZE][/tface]any religions, many worshippers and many a man have forsaken the traditional view of divinity in which the divine powers are given jurisdiction over a single element of creation. It makes for little sense in understanding how our world could potentially evolve with so many voices whispering their holy will in our ears.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]T[/SIZE][/tface]here is no denying that the so-called gods, therefore mentioned as the Powers Above from now on in this novel, are present. They pester us with emissaries to their will, assault us with sermons, and demand worship of us in exchange for boons; The same behaviors that we would expect from petty kings ascertaining their order upon the common masses. So many human traits are imbedded in these powers that it is a natural conclusion would be to assume that these Powers Above, through some ritual, managed to evolve from their mortality, as us, to this divine state and use this boundary in power to govern us.  Listening to the words of these Powers Above, more vested in maintaining the status-quo than aiding us in our daily whims had left looking for another path. It is then that through much philosophical debating and reading about our creation, I’ve come to witness that some of the powers derived their power from more primordial aspects of our world but none claim the world-earth itself as its aspect, therefore the answer had to be:

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]O[/SIZE][/tface]ur World-Earth, itself, is the source of power from the divine. Each of the power â€"nurturingâ€"the aspect from which they have â€"STOLENâ€"its power.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]W[/SIZE][/tface]hile a power above is said to be the ‘sun’, the ‘moon’ and even the ‘darkness’, no power has even said to be the World-Earth itself, only some of its elements like stones or trees. Some cults, barring ancient words, try to protect the status-quo, perhaps understanding that if too much power is stolen from our World-Earth by the powers above that the World-Earth may crumble and die. These cults, often called druids by the commoners, may hold some part of the truth but as they are staunch defenders of the status-quo, I fear they might have been twisted in some way by the powers above and are therefore likely agents to their will that ignore themselves this purpose. For this reason, extreme caution should be used in dealing with them.

DeliciousOoze

[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Chapter II[/SIZE][/tface]
[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]The Great Pilgrimage[/SIZE][/tface]

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]T[/SIZE][/tface]o understand more of this truth, a great pilgrimage through the depth of our World-Earth was needed in order to unbury the knowledge lost with the sand of time. It is there that I came first in contact with the blood of our World-Earth.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]C[/SIZE][/tface]ontrary to what the dwarves or the gnomes may think in their greed, it is not gold, mithril, adamantium, nor gems that pour in the veins of the world, it is the blood â€" Highly corrosive to contact, ever viscous, vast rivers flow in the earth akin to the blood vessels that we would commonly find on any living creature. It is there that the caretakers of the blood have shown me how to access the memories of our World-Earth by communing with the blood and sharing my own life force with it. It is there that I’ve learn of the cycle of the life-force. I’ve stayed with the caretakers until the color of my skin turned to a faint pale ivory, devoid of the burnt of the sun for so long. There, the caretakers showed me the steps required in order to ensure that the life force returns to the World-Earth.

DeliciousOoze

[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Chapter III[/SIZE][/tface]
[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]The Cycle of the Life-Force[/SIZE][/tface]

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]S[/SIZE][/tface]ome doubt the blood for what it is, but we see it revitalizing the vegetation of our world, its hue coloring every leaf, every grass herb, and every plant that grows atop the skin of our Word-Earth.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]A[/SIZE][/tface] crucial step in ensuring that the World-Earth endures is death. Death is natural. All natural things die. All natural things must die for the blood to flow. As it dies, it decays and every droplets of essence from the living seeps through the cracks of our World-Earth to return to the bloodline of our world. Generally, the process is over decades for the tip it takes each droplet to reach the blood and therefore the energy given to the blood takes just as long to be returned to the life above, these long stretches of time make it so these changes are imperceptible to most. It is only the elves living underground that were the first to witness and monitor these changes, it is they that were the first to become caretaker of our blood and teach the cycle to the rest of us.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]T[/SIZE][/tface]he unnatural, the undead and the powers above have all stolen a fragment of the power of the World-Earth as an attempt to escape the cycle. These heresies will lead to our damnation as by removing such life-force from the cycle, the World-Earth may starve. As all life is ultimately given by the World-Earth, starvation and ultimately death of the World-Earth will be felt by death of our own civilization…

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]T[/SIZE][/tface]he work of the caretakers of the blood is legion for the life-force stolen by the heretics is legion, and all must be returned to the blood in order for the World-Earth to give us the Elysium that humanity and mortals everywhere deserve. However, it is understandable that as all life-force is only borrowed, it must be returned to the blood someday, especially during its time of needs.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]T[/SIZE][/tface]o covet immortality is to commit grievous sin.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]R[/SIZE][/tface]emember these words, disciple, as you walk our World-Earth.

DeliciousOoze

[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Chapter IV[/SIZE][/tface]
[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Segments of Health[/SIZE][/tface]

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]M[/SIZE][/tface]uch like our own body, the world-earth’s health is reflected in its habitat. If you cut off the blood to one’s leg, it will wither and die causing immense pain to the whole. It is therefore important to ensure that the blood flows and is nurtured in ALL locals of our world-earth. The word must be spread and each caretaker must insure this flow to continue. For if one segment of our World-Earth was to starve and die off, the consequences would be felt on the World-Earth as a whole.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]F[/SIZE][/tface]or this reason, no segment of our world can nor will be ignored by the caretakers. Our work will extend through the world-earth whole in order to ensure that no heretics break the cycle long enough for the world-earth’s segment to die..

[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Chapter V[/SIZE][/tface]
[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Hastening the Cycle[/SIZE][/tface]

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]D[/SIZE][/tface]uring times of starvation, if the powers above or a tertiary influence attempts to remove life-force from a cycle, the caretakers may need to help the feeding of the blood of our World-Earth manually by bringing the flow of the bloodline closer to the surface. The blood must subsequently be fed with the life-force, the one borrowed and preferably the one stolen by the undead and the powers above and their respective emissaries.

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]T[/SIZE][/tface]his process of hastening is rarely needed, but might be necessary in order to ensure survival of our World-Earth in dire situations. Please remember the powers you were given, my disciples, and always use it wisely.

DeliciousOoze

[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Epilogue[/SIZE][/tface]
[SIZE="2"][tface=FELLSC]Addendum by Osmond Thultharvius[/SIZE][/tface]

[tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]A[/SIZE][/tface]s a caretaker of the blood, I’ve remained more of an observer in the balance of Ymph. The starvation of the World-Earth of Ymph has forced my hand to return to activity. From the heretics, the Nightrisen undead of the Imperator-Warden, the abominations of the Hbala and the whispers in the Mist, much life-force has been stolen from the cycle and therefore be returned. I extend my call to all who would listen and aid in re-establishing balance in this forsaken land… Address us and your claim will be listened to.

-- [tface=FELLSC][SIZE="2"]Osmond Thultharvius, Last caretaker of the bloodline of Ymph.[/SIZE][/tface]